Chapter 7 - What you take with you...

_______________________________________________________________________________

It's been well over a month since God's Eye got back from LA. Collectively, they've all been getting things in order to move on to the process of transferring coasts, but things still seem so far away.

Ren has been planning a guys night out to officially celebrate their achievements as a band.

And so now we finally arrive on that date.

Mid-August - Manhattan, Upper West Side - 7 P.M.

Crow

_______________________________________________________________________________

"You still haven't told us where we're going, Ren" I said.

He only smirked more and continued to walk out of the parking garage with us behind him. As we began to walk out and onto the sidewalk he finally turned to us and spoke, "Tonight, we're doing a whole lot, but first things first..." he pointed across the street with both his hands. Everyone looked at the same time, a rush of excitement filled my gut.

"Lets take a trip to Crow's end first!"

Our first stop of the night was my favorite Jazz club, Smoke Jazz Club, I've been coming here since I was seven.

"Front-row table is reserved for us, and with the help of some friends... I may or may have not been able to plan something... special."

"Oh boy" I said as we crossed the street and entered the club.

When we entered the familiar lounge I looked around in pure nostalgia.

The host at the front took a glance at Ren before checking his watch, he proceeded to pull out four menus

The host at the front took a glance at Ren before checking his watch, he proceeded to pull out four menus. We followed him through to the front-most booth where he sat us.

"You sure know your jazz clubs, Ren" said Moe looking around.

"Yeah well don't thank me," he responded glancing at me, "Crow showed me this place a couple of years back, it never left my mind."

"Well, you sure know your jazz clubs Crow, not that it's a surprise though you might as well go up on that stage and start riffing right now" joked Moe, Ren nearly choked on his gum when he said that.

"You good?" I asked Ren chuckling.

"Yeah man, all good" he said, I looked back to Moe to respond.

"I honestly would, this club always gets me in the mood to play some jazz... but I'm not the kind to steal someone else's set."

"Speaking of which," Caden cut in, "who's on today?"

Ren smiled before looking to empty the stage, "That would be Kamasi Washington."