Chapter 19: The Accident

Flash-back

On the phone

Seulgi: Hello, birthday boy... *happily said*while get out from his third operation schedule for the day*still in the scrub's clothes*slowly snap his mask*

Hoon: Hey... Appa... *giggles*while jumping excitedly beside his mother*smile widely*

Irene: Hoon... don't jump up like that... *soft voice*

Hoon *look at his mother* sorry, Umma... *quickly apologize*

Seulgi: what are you doing, baby bear? *he asks curiously because he can hear Irene say something to Hoon* Listen to your Umma, buddy...

Hoon *giggles* I will listen to Umma, Appa... I'm a good boy... *grin*

Seulgi: I know that buddy... so... did you ready for the party tonight? *he now washes his again with the soap*he hold his phone with his shoulder and head so it will not fall*little struggle to wash his hand*

Hoon: YES! *shouts excitedly* I'm ready... I'm waiting for your present, Appa...

Seulgi *giggles* I know... you can see your present after the cutting cake... *wiping his wet hand with tissues*then throw it*

Hoon: really... *now his eyes sparkling*

Seulgi: yes... of course... and I'm for sure you will love that present... *he already sent the present last day before his work time*he ask Irene to hide the present for Hoon*

Hoon: I love you, Appa... *jumping excitedly again*he can imagine the present that his father bought for him*because he always asks Seulgi to buy it*and Seulgi already promise him* Yeah! *little shout*

Irene: Hoon... don't shout... and stop jumping now... *she said as she see Hoon jumping around again and shout*

Hoon: I'm so happy, Umma... *he said to Irene*then back to the phone* you will come to my birthday party, Appa?

Seulgi: of course... I will be there to wish you a happy birthday, baby bear...

Hoon: YEAH! I will wait for you, Appa...

Seulgi: but... I will be late... is that ok, buddy? *he still needs to do two more operations*

Hoon: it's ok, Appa... I know there are a lot of people that you need to safe... and I will wait for you, Appa...

Seulgi: Aigooo... whose son are you? *he smile as hear Hoon's explanation and understand him*now he is in the break room*he sit down and rest his body on the sofa*

Hoon: I'm your son, Appa... I'm Dr. Kang Seulgi's son... *proudly said*giggles*

Seulgi: yes, you are... you are my son... *sweetly said* Appa will see you tonight, ok... Bye... *he said before hanging up the phone*

Hoon: yes, Appa... bye... see you tonight... *hang up*

Seulgi *smile widely*look at his phone wallpaper*it's his family's picture*the small Hoon on his arm, while he kisses Irene's cheek and hugs each other*the last family picture of them as husband and wife*

Jeongyeon *enter the break room with two cups of Americano* Hey, Hyung... this is for you... *give one cup of Americano to Seulgi*

Seulgi *smiles to Jeongyeon*take the cup* thank you...

Jeongyeon *take sit beside Seulgi*sip his drink* today is Hoon's birthday right, Hyung?

Seulgi *nod his head* yes... how quick he grows... he is official 8 years old now... it just like only yesterday he was born... now he is 8 already... *giggles*then sips his drink*