FOURTEEN. back to black

FOURTEEN back to black

FOURTEEN
back to black

tw: strong language, mentions of sexual thoughts, mentions of depression, mentions of suicide, mentions of cancer, and mentions of death

COBRA KAI
original chapter

     "SO, WHAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY?" The therapist, Nova asked

"SO, WHAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY?" The therapist, Nova asked. Scarlett didn't expect her to be this young. She was only 24. Her hair was black. She was pale and had blue-green eyes. Scarlett went home, the night she broke down at Doni's house and told her mother that she might need therapy. Her mother looked into and found one nearby. It was a nice setting. It smelt like lavender, it was clean.

     "One of my friends brought it to my attention that I might have depression. And he's scared that if I don't get help it could get really bad." Scarlett explained as she ran her fingers along her sleeve. "And what makes him think that you have depression?" Nova crossed her right leg over her left one. "His mom has it and he noticed that I have some of the signs."

"Do you know why he's scared?" Nova asked. "He doesn't want me to resort to suicide because his mom tried to." "Do you have suicidal thoughts?" "No. Never. But, I tried to cope with my sadness in other ways." Scarlett twirled the ends of her hair. "What ways?"

"I had a bit of an alcohol problem. But, I went to rehab and went to AA and I've only drank two drinks at a party after that." Scarlett looked up from the floor. "Well, it's very common for people with depression to find a way to distract themselves so they don't have to think about what's making them depressed. Do you just get depressed out of no where or is there something making you that way?"

     "Sometimes it's out of no where but a lot of the time it happens when I lose something." Nova nodded at Scarlett's response. "Can you expand on that?"

     "When I resorted to alcohol it was because I almost loss my virginity in a way that I didn't want it to happen. I was almost raped but it was actually stopped by someone pushing him off of me. Doni actually. Um, the guy that suggested that I should get help. And most recently I lost someone who was kind of more than a friend to me and that's why I started to get depressed."