Chocolate ; oumasai

- highschool au, lowercase intended.

this is based off something my classmate did in school today and my friend whispered to me "fanfic idea" as it happened JSVJSBSHSH

"s-saihara~kun.. this is um.. for you!" a blonde girl spoke in a shy tone. her face was as red as a tomato, a pink heart-shaped box intertwined between her fingers. shuichi was clueless as to how to react. his face flushed the same color, speechless at the other girl's gesture. momota kaito and harukawa maki observed from a not-so-far distance.

of course, this indeed wasn't the first time saihara shuichi had received a valentines gift. he'd already gotten at least five so far in the span of ten minutes. he was practically one of the most popular boys in school, though not a surprise to many. he was hardworking, smart and had the looks. it was simply a matter of time when he'd realize how popular he really was.

however, the young student couldn't say yes to any of the sweets he'd received. the boy bowed politely, "sorry, akamatsu.. i'm not accepting any gifts from valentines this year, so i'm going to have to refuse." kaede gave a gentle smile in return. her face darkened considerably, "that's okay! sorry for bothering you." the blonde pianist trudged away. shuichi could swear he saw tears pricking the corners of her eyes, although was hesitant to speak. he felt bad.

little did the aspiring detective know, a boy with a head of purple hair was stood behind him the entire time. kaito was holding back maki with his life, which leaves the students still roaming around the classroom slightly concerned.

ouma kokichi mused, "sai-ha-ra~chan!~" saihara fell back at the sudden noise behind him. he almost trips, the small leader gripping his hand tightly to keep him on his feet. although it didn't look like it, ouma was quite the strong little boy. this was one of the many minor details saihara had noticed about him. he muttered in a shy tone, "h-hey... ouma~kun..." kokichi only chuckled at the ravenette's reply.

"saihara~chan's soooo shy~ here, here! I got'cha a valentines day present!"

"but I'm not accepti-"

"ow-! hey, ouma~kun!-"

and there went off the purplette. shuichi could only sigh. curiously, the ravenette gently opened the box. Inside was some dark chocolate(shuichi's favorite) and a note. the note seemed hurriedly scribbled down in a childish and nearly unlegible handwriting.

my dearest, saihara~chan
this is for you! :) I made them myself, so enjoy them, ok?
love ya!
yours sincerely, ouma kokichi.

"OI, SIDEKICK! YOU ALRIGHT DUDE?"

saihara shuichi collapsed on the spot upon the reading of the note, face redder than any color you can find on the color wheel.

━━ 𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧 ━━

441 words.

I'm a week late, but here's the valentines special I promised to some of ya'll! I'm coming back to this book again since I've regained a bit of inspiration even though I've already dipped out of my danganronpa phase. I hope you all like it :)

phew! the last time I uploaded a chapter was around... maybe 2 years ago? time files by, doesn't it? either way, can't guarantee the next time I post again. see you all then though.

- rin