How Does Your Garden Grow? - Hanahaki!Ouma x Saihara

Third Person POV.

  Kokichi Ouma, a boy who suffers from a disease. Hanahaki, the disease of one-sided love.
  Who was he in love with? It was a boy in his class. Blue hair, super emo. Seemed girly too, but he never knew.

Yes, it was Shuichi Saihara.

Kokichi thought of Shuichi as almost perfect. A person who he genuinely looked up to. Shuichi was often proven to be a smart and kind boy, and Kokichi adored him for that. The liar never had anyone in his life that actually comforted him other than his best friend Rantaro, and so called 'family' named D.I.C.E. Shuichi made him feel special, and he enjoyed teasing him.

But from this, he learned that love was dangerous. Never trust anyone, not even your lover. Never grow attached to everyone, or you'll be the one in danger. 

────── 〔✿〕──────

  Kokichi Ouma made his way to school, same per-usual. On his back was his plain dark-purple bag, with a small Monokuma keychain on one of the zips. 
  He 'quietly' made his way into school, which in reality was being chased around by Maki Harukawa for being late.

  As he entered class, he collapsed onto the seat, groaning. Class is boring. Everyone should agree.
  Well... Unless you have someone to look at for the rest of the lesson.
Kokichi took the seat behind Shuichi, since it was the only seat left available. He yawned, hoping to catch Shuichi's attention but failing.

  "Saihara~chan!"
.
.
.
No response.
.
.
.
  "Saihara~channnnn!"
.
.
.
Yet again, no response.
.
.
.
  "EARTH TO SAIHARA~CHAN?" Kokichi yelled, seemingly scaring the taller boy. Shuichi turned around.

  "Y-Yes Ouma~kun?" The boy finally spoke.

  "You look tired! Did you get any sleep, like at all?!" Kokichi glared at the ravenette, frowning.

  Shuichi nodded silently, turning his attention back to class.

────── 〔✿〕──────

Timeskip brought to you by Himiko's magic!

  The lunch bell rang as all the students rushed out of the room, quickly leaving Kokichi alone in class 'daydreaming', continuously coughing at the same time.
  Small blue petals were spat onto the ground, one by one beginning to sway to the direction of the wind and soon blowing out of the window. Kokichi sighed before getting up from his seat,  only to be greeted outside by Shuichi Saihara himself.

"A-Ah! Hey there, Saihara~chan!"

  "Hey... Ouma~kun... You sound awfully bad, are you alright?"

  "Of course I am! I am the Ultimate Supreme Leader, after all."

  Shuichi still looked suspicious of Kokichi as he gestured him, "Lets go."

  Kokichi followed Shuichi 'silently', leaving small blue unnoticeable petals along the way. "Hey, Saihara~chan. What were you staring off to earlier?" Kokichi questioned the taller male. The detective seemed to have responded with a flushed pink face.
  What he said had drained Kokichi's happiness completely.

"I... I think I have feelings for Kaede."

  Kokichi's heart had shattered, "S-sorry Saihara~chan. Could you c-care to r-repeat that?"

  "I think I have feelings for Kaede." Shuichi bluntly repeated.

  Kokichi finally took it in before feeling something fuzzy in his throat once more, coughing it out. Shuichi  worriedly watched the poor boy, starting to panic. As Kokichi covered his mouth with his hand, the petal was spat out. Kokichi quickly stuffed his hand into his pocket, bursting into a cold sweat.

  "I-I'm sorry! D-did I say anything w-wrong?"

  "Of cours— Nothing at all!" Kokichi laughed, fake-smiling. He quickly picked himself up and ran off.

  What a disaster...

────── 〔✿〕──────

No one's POV

 Kokichi sat on the hospital bed quietly, continuously coughing out flowers.
  "Kokichi! Are you okay?! Why did you call me over? Do you need anything?" Shuichi yelled in a panic, rushing into the room and sat down next to him.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Shuichi..I gotta tell you something."
.
.
.
.
.
.

  "I know you're with Kaede and this may seem selfish, but..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
  I really need you to break up with her. I'll die if you don't."

  Shuichi immediately realized what he meant and quickly said, "I'll do it! B-but..." either Kaede or him. Who did he have an interest in though?
.
.
.
  "Shuichi, you don't need to think about that. The answer's in plain sight, " Kokichi laughed, "Literally."
  Kokichi immediately pulled him into a kiss, the other melting into him.

  I wonder how Kaede will react to this.  Imagine her walking into this very room right now.

"Mission success," Kaede laughed cheekily as Tsumugi squealed in delight through the walkie-talkie.

────── 〔✿〕──────

741 words.

I promised a long chapter, and now you have it.
Stay hopeful everyone!~