I Stole Your Heart (1/2) - PhantomThief AU

Thanks for 1k reads!qwq

----

"Welcome back to Hope's Peak news. Last week, the famous phantom thief had gotten away once again, slipping out of the clutches of detective Shuichi Saihara-" The TV turned off. Shuichi sighed, looking at the piece of paper the phantom thief had left behind as a 'clue'.
Yet again, his winning streak was ruined all because of that stupid phantom thief. He shouldn't have took the case. But of course, he had to be has confident as usual and just simply take the case. What a mistake...

----

"Get the hell back here!" Shuichi yelled in complete frustration. He was done. Done with the phantom thief getting away. Done with the damn case.
"Oopsie~ looks like someone's cranky today..~" The masked thief smiled menacingly, purple gem in hand. He jumped back down, facing the detective. Shuichi furrowed his eyebrows, gritting his teeth.

SLAP!

The phantom thief's mask had fallen off. He had violet-purple hair swinging in all different directions, lilac-ombre eyes and a shocked expression on his face.

... Kokichi?

~~~~

"Happy birthday to you..." Kokichi had sung out to the ravenette. It was his 9th birthday after he had solved his first murder case on accident. "Make a wish, Saihara~chan! Make it a good one too!" Kokichi cheered on. Shuichi shyly looked down at the cake, "I wish to solve the biggest case in the world someday.."

And.. That seems to have come true.

~~~~

Shuichi began tearing up, water running down his cheeks like a fountain. Kokichi Ouma- the boy whom went through preschool with him every step of the way-

Was the phantom thief.

"I told you I wanted to make come true, so here we are," Kokichi giggled softly.

"B-but-" Shuichi was immediately stopped by a crash from the door. The door had been destroyed and several police officers charged in, tackling Kokichi and cuffing him.

~~~~

"Sorry about this, Shuichi," Kokichi apologized before being pushed into the police car.

~~~~

323 words.

Eeee! I'm sorry this one is so short. I'll make a part 2, promise!

Oh, and be sure to join my discord to support me and my stories..

https://discord.gg/YJ4FPz7