Chapter 9

I get to calculus early Monday morning. Its going to be so awkward when I see Harry. Only because I'm so awkward. No one is here yet, good thing so I can prepare myself for the interaction with him.

The classroom door opens, revealing Harry. He's wearing the normal black everything and the signature hair-do, messy but perfect. Wait, why is he here so early? He notices me right away and smiles. Of course it sends heat throughout my entire body. He strides over and takes his seat next to me. I'm avoiding all eye contact with him, and its hard because we're the only two people here. God I'm making this so awkward, you could tell by the way I'm sitting. Honestly though I haven't stopped thinking about Harry and our kiss since Saturday night.

"Hey, Lili" He speaks up after a minute of silence.

I clear my throat, "Hi"

He chuckles after I respond. What the hell's so funny?

"So, your party was really fun this weekend" He side smirks. So hot.

I turn my head away from his face after that thought. I don't know why I'm so embarrassed at a stupid thought.

"Yeah, It was..." I briefly look him in the eyes but look away just as fast. I want to be able to just stare at those emerald eyes and not flinch away.

Finally people are starting to come in and Professor Hughs begins to talk.

"Alright guys, It's already the second week of this class. About 18 more to go! Today you're just going to continue on the packets because honestly... I don't feel like teaching. Have fun with your Darling partners."

Harry whispers in my ear, "He gets paid so much, but doesn't even teach"

His warm breath against my skin causes me to sit up straight. I hate that I'm so weird around him.

Once again, he chuckles under his breath. This is getting annoying, he keeps laughing at me for almost everything I do, it seems.

"Why do you always laugh at me?" I say staring square into his eyes for the first time today. I need to seem controlling in this conversation or he'll just laugh at me again.

He surprises me by staring right back.

He shifts in his chair and leans in closer to me, his eyes gazing at my me. "When I look at you like this," His eye lids lower and he bits his lip, oh shit. Wow. "Your eyes flutter"

He looks down at my lips. "When I touch you," He grabs and squeezes my thigh. "Your body stiffens and your cheeks flush." And my cheeks do exactly what he said. His hand still on my thigh.

"and when I simply say, 'Kiss me'" He whispers in my ear causing my legs to crash together with his hands still on them, "Your legs press together" he smirks. I quickly push his hand away, as much as i still want it there.

Professor Hughs shouts across the room, " Hey, you guys working back there?" Everyone in the class turns around to me heavily breathing and a smile across Harry's face. What a site.

"Sorry Hughes, she wont stop looking at me" He lies.

What the fuck? he just lied and embarrassed me... not that him embarrassing me is anything new. My eyes widen, scared of what everyone is going to think. He doesn't help wanting to fit in more.

I continue my work and completely ignore Harry for the rest of class, even if he tried to ask me a question I didn't answer or acknowledge him. What he did was really rude.

Hughes dismisses and harry is already at the door as I'm packing up. Ok...

I have to confront him for what he did to me. I catch up to harry holding a book I didn't have time to put in my backpack. His long legs walk way too fast.