Chapter 13

"Can you um.. lay with me..." My cheeks still seem to heat. But I know that what I want. Someone to hold me, someone to comfort me.

I notice him looking straight at me, almost looks like he's looking right through me. I think he's questioning whether he should or not.

There's a small pause and I'm actually started regretting asking.

"Yes" He answers and lays next to me on my pillow. Each move he makes looks processed by him. He soon wraps his arms around me.

His warm body spoon me. I can't help it but get goosebumps under his touch. His arm then rests on top of arm. I can feel his breath on my skin. For some reason its shaky.

Everything around me is so difficult. My mother is dying, Raina and I haven't been really talking much lately, this whole weird thing with me and Harry. I have no way of expressing it besides crying.

I begin to choke up and try to swallow the lump in my throat. I dont want to cry in front of Harry because even though he's being really sweet I think he'll use this against me.

I cant hold it in.

The tears begin to roll down my cheeks and I make some weird crying noises. I just want to keep it in. He's just going to embarrass me later on maybe saying how I was such a baby.

I see his hand slowly come to my cheeks, wiping my tears away.

"You're okay." He whispers. I cant help but continue.

"You don't understand this feeling, Harry. I'm only going to have one parent. It's my mother i'm losing. Like im so close with her" I start sobbing right after my last sentence. He lays silent and oddly stiller than before.

"I wont be able to talk to her anymore, see her anymore. She won't even one day meet my children. My god damn wedding?!" I continue.

"Yeah" He sighs. Thats a weird answer to what I said.

I look at him straight on, "She won't even watch me walk down the aisle"

I keep thinking about everything she wont be here for. She wont be there to help pick out a dress, she won't be there to help pick the theme, the followers. She won't even be able to approve of the man i'm marrying.

"She won't be at my graduation either" Another tear drips down my cheek.

"At least you have an idea of when she'll pass. So you can go out and do things with her and spend time. It would suck more if she died without notice." He doesn't look at me, but I definitely do. What he said made my entire life. I didn't think of it that way.

"Wow... Harry, you're right." My eyes look around the room, even though its mine.

I cant believe this moment that i'm having with Harry also. He's literally laying in my bed face to face now, talking. We're actually talking, well I'm crying and he's talking. Before we would pretty much argue or I would shy away, but even Raina isn't exactly comforting me, but he is.

His pupils dilate from my words.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He's acting a little strange.

He looks straight at me and shrugs, "Yeah"

"Can you just stay with me until I fall asleep? You can go after if you want..." I dont want to give him that choice of leaving, I want him to stay.

He clears his throat, "Um... I mean.. I should.." He sighs, "I guess so..."

I smile and turn back around so my back is against his stomach.

As soon as my head hits the pillow I start to zone out. I still keep thinking about my mom. I just wish she could've found it earlier. I notice Harry's breathing getting slower indicating that he's falling asleep too. His left hand that is wrapped around me moves to my hip. I feel him lean in and before I know it, he presses his lips against the back of my head and soon lays back down.