Reboot

(A/N: My knowledge about this kind of genre is limited, so give feedbacks and suggestions along the ride.)

PS: My grammar kinda sucks, so yeah.

-----

Chapter 1 — Reboot.

Planet Earth | Interstellar Year XXXX.

Ainodis City | 9:00 AM.

It's another morning. The scorching sun just hovering by the distance, illuminating many of the tall infrastructures.

"Ugh... It's so freakin' hot!"

Arriving at the rooftop, a young handsome student grumbled while holding a bag of sandwich and also an iced beverage.

He plopped down the nearby bench, and then stared at the scenery before him. The school's rooftop was a great viewing spot and was also a quiet place.

The young student's name is Jason Star. He is your ordinary 19 years old college student. He don't smoke and use drugs, but he occasionally drink alcohol to socialize.

Jason is also a single man with his V-Card still intact. He is an orphan without any relatives, but it wasn't a problem.

Jason's hobbies are watching anime, reading books, and playing virtual simulator games about robots fighting in space.

He sat on the bench for a long time, enjoying the break that was given as much as possible.

However, Jason suddenly panicked as a powerful earthquake occured, causing the whole school building to violently shake.

He was surprised, but then quickly looked to the sky. His pupils shrunk, seeing the blue sky being covered by turbulent dark clouds. It was accompanied by enormous thunders.

Rumble~! Rumble~!

Crackle...!

"What the hell is going on...?"

The crackling thunders made him extremely scared. He felt it was gonna strike him at any moment.

The earthquake's intensity lessened, Jason quickly decided to leave the rooftop while ignoring the subtle shaking of the floor.

Crackle...! Crackle...!

He quickly dashed toward the exit, but as he was about to near it, a thunder fell from the sky and struck him entirely.

Jason's body trembled intensely, as if he had a seizure. A faint sizzling sound drifted toward his ears, along with burnt smell.

It was at this moment that he knew, his life was completely fucked up.

"Haha...."

How lucky he was... To be suddenly hit by a lightning.

Jason had the feeling that he was gonna die soon. He heard there were people that survived getting hit by lightning, but it seemed to be not the case for him.

The lightning was extremely powerful, something not a human could possibly survive.

His body fell toward the floor with a loud thud, his consiousness wavering between life and death.

Jason had only one regret. And that was not being able to watch anime and read books anymore. There was also about his favourite virtually reality game.

His vision grew hazy before eventually falling into darkness. The final thing he saw was the dark sky having cracks that eerily shone in crimson colour.

His other senses soon followed after it along with the sound of his heartbeat finally stopping.

O how lamentable.