The Awakening Of Demon Knight

Chapter 11 — The Awakening Of Demon Knight.

Gauna are alien lifeforms composed of a True Body and a Placenta. They have the ability to shapeshift and take many forms.

The alien lifeform Gauna consisted of two primarily materials.

A Gauna's Placenta or exterior covering, and its True Body or energy core.

The Placenta were highly malleable, able to move at great speed, extend significant distances, morph into different forms, and be used for variety of purposes like creating different material and even complex machinery.

However, the ability to create materials and machinery were something yet to still be discovered.

The Gauna in front of Jason took the form of a gigantic genderless humanoid with a monstrous and nauseating features.

This dangerous alien lifeform was now classified as Gauna 487 on the screen's target information.

The number 487 represented how many Gauna's have Sidonia encountered throughout their very long history. It was a dark history where they barely survived.

Swooosh!

Swooosh!

Several dozens of placenta arms were sent toward Rokurome with great speed, but Rokurome flew away while firing its rifle multiple times towards it.

However, it soon ran out of ammo and Rokurome threw it away.

Jason switched his weapon to the machine gun, attached to Rokurome's arm, while fleeing away.

He then opened a communication channel that connected toward the Sidonia's command room.

"Jason over to the command bridge, I request for reinforcement and the authorization to use the Kabizashi."

Kabizashi.

The only weapon capable of destroying the True Body of a Gauna. Its origin was unknown, but it must have been from a great extinct civilization in the past.

"Pilot Jason, quickly retreat now and stop engaging combat with Gauna 487. We'll send a squad to eliminate it later, but for now, let's observe the situation."

A white-haired man from the command room replied cautionsly.

However, Jason shook his head at that decision.

"I apologize, but I cannot do that. The Gauna would just adapt and grow much more stronger when that time comes. We must immediately eliminate the Gauna before it thinks of heading toward Sidonia and became a powerful threat."

The side from the command room grew silent for the moment.

"Fine, I understand your logical reasoning. We will immediately send a squad along with several Kabizashi," The man couldn't refute Jason's words.

He then continued,

"As for the trainees, your mission is now cancelled. Return to the base and observe the battle that will occur later back at the SDF Academy."

The trainees were very reluctant to leave, but it was an order from someone that was higher than them.

Jason even said that they should head back as they wouldn't able to help much and instead just hold them back.

They left the area and returned to Sidonia after that.

Rokurome flew out of the asteroid and floated away from it.

Jason calmly looked at the Gauna that was slowly trying to emerge from the ground.

He then clicked his tongue, thinking It was larger than he had thought after the Gauna's entire body emerged from the ground.