Virtual Training

Chapter 5 — Virtual Training.

SDF Training Facility | 1:40 PM.

Jason walked toward a large building which was located near the academy's main building. He saw many peoples inside and they seemed to be about the same age as him.

He then became curious about the several large cubic rooms that were all lined up in an orderly fashion. It looked strangely futuristic with large screens displayed outside it.

He was amused by those cubic rooms and quickly asked a random dude some questions about this building and also those cubic rooms.

The dude looked at him strangely, but slowly explained toward him in the end. To summarize what the dude said, those cubic rooms were actually virtual training simulation rooms. And this place was called as the SDF Virtual Training Facility where the cadets-in-training could practice their piloting skills and also compete for the weekly rankings.

Jason thanked the dude for explaining things toward him. He then stared at those virtual training rooms with great interest.

It also made him feel nostalgic.

In the past, he was fond of playing a certain virtual simulation game. However, it no longer existed now.

Although Jason wanted to pilot a real Guardian, he knew it was still not the right time yet. He didn't even know how to use and control a Guardian. He knew nothing as of now.

He needed to quickly learn and adapt to the new environment he was suddenly thrown as soon as possible. The SDF Academy and this virtual training room were just stepping stones for that.

Jason was confident about his piloting sense and experiences that were honed sharply by playing a lot in the past. He was sure of improving very quickly in this field. He was confident about surpassing the peoples that were on the weekly rankings.

Jason looked around for an empty virtual training room and soon found one that was empty and clean.

The room soon opened after he pressed his hand on the black screen, revealing what was inside the virtual training room.

It was the standard cockpit style that was commonly seen in anime.

The cockpit was something that also resembled those in modern tanks. There was a central main view screen and two side screens.

The main screen had the full Heads Up Display, target information, and warning notifications.

The secondary screens extend the viewable area, making use of Jason's peripheral vision.

It also have multi-function that can act as communication displays. The cockpit seat was fixed forward and heavily padded.

Jason looked at the control module and found it to be very unfamiliar. He had played with many different types of cockpit before—including the fantasy and technological cockpit style. However, this cockpit only showed some similarities. Many of the stuffs were clearly unfamiliar to him.

Fortunately, Jason found a reliable user manual placed on the storage module. He slowly started reading It and realized something.

This virtual training room used the Type 18 Guardian as its model. And this Type 18 Guardian used a type of system that he didn't really liked that much.

It used an automated system that made it easier for the pilots to handle and control.

It was not that bad, but Jason preferred using manual control that allowed him to control every movements of the machine. There was a fine difference between the two.