Citizenship and Kobayashi

Chapter 3 — Citizenship and Kobayashi.

Interrogation Room | 12:45 PM.

'Fucking hell! How should I proceed now? Have any bright ideas, Mr. Alien?' Jason mentally asked the alien living inside his body.

⟨ Do your best and act your way to make things better for you, Host. I will now go offline for the moment to save some energy. I wish you luck. ⟩

"Easy for you to say..." Jason grumbled while thinking that this alien was useless.

He then calmly glanced at the woman before him. It was the woman who had found him earlier. They were currently inside an enclosed room and facing each other while sitting on a chair.

He was trying his best to not appear too nervous and just acted confused.

The woman raised her eyebrow, and then asked him, "Who are you?" She held a pen and was ready to write on a piece of paper.

Jason stayed silent for a moment, thinking of how to play this right. He finally decided to take the generic route of being a sole survivor of an already destroyed spaceship that was also suffering from amnesia. It was the most safest route.

"I am called Jason Star, however, I don't remember much other than my name...."

The woman's expression didn't changed and just wrote down something on the paper. She then asked another question.

"Where did you came from? Do you remember?"

"As I told you before, I don't really remember, but I might came from a place like this..."

"You really don't remember anything? How about trying to recall something, even just a little bit is fine."

"...Fine..." Jason answered helplessly and took a deep breath, 'trying' to remember his memories. Then suddenly, he groaned painfully and quickly grabbed his temples exaggeratedly.

"It hurts trying to remember it.... I hear screams everywhere and aliens attacking..."

"Can you explain it more in detail...?"

"Screams were everywhere, people dying as aliens attacked.... everything was destroyed... that's all..."

The woman wrote down all of these again and pressed a button, causing a hologram image to appear.

"Is this what the aliens looked like?"

Jason looked at the image and was horrified, catching the woman's interest. This wasn't an act. It was a genuine horror. The image showed an extremely gigantic alien with countless long tendrils.

It looked disgusting and terrifying.

"Yes... They are similar to it..!" Jason roared deeply in anger.

"I see... what you feel after seeing this image?"

Jason was silent for a moment as veins bulged from his skin and throat.

"I don't know why, but I want to kill them! My blood boils by just seeing it...."

"That's a good feeling, I understand how you feel." The woman said while feeling relieved seeing Jason's anger. It was sign that his hostility wasn't centered toward his fellow humans, but the Gauna.

"I'm sure you're very confused, but is all what you really remember?"

"Yes... I'm sorry for not being able to help you too much.."

"It's okay, I've found all your answers satisfying. However, please accompany the man that will soon come to take you to the examination room to see if there's any problem with your body and mental well-being."