How Could You?

I didn't edit this so there is probably mistakes.

************************************

“I’m so glad you guys came in to visit, it’s been so long. What made you guys decide to stop by, miss me too much?”  You teased your two best friends Amy and Jen who came to visit you in London.  

“You just got engaged, Alan is working on his 3rd film and you just got a new house. Of course we got on a plane to come see you. We want to see you, Alan, the ring the house.” Amy started. 

“We want all the details about how he popped the question so spill.”  Jen added, pulling you by the wrist to sit on the couch.  

“Well he told me he had to be on set for filming early in the morning. So when he woke up at 4am and started getting ready I didn’t think anything of it. I tried to get up with him to make him breakfast but he insisted I stayed in bed.  I heard him downstairs, it sounded like he was bringing things in the house. I ignored it. We both went about our day as normal until that night when I came home from work.  The driveway had a line of string lights and rose petals leading to the back yard. When I went around the side of the house there was a candlelit dinner set up. He had brought out the record player and put on my Dean Martin records. There were string lights in all the trees and rose petals all around us. We danced to You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You by Dean Martin. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  I cried and asked him if he was serious.” You chuckled.  

“Awe, that’s so cute that he put in all that time and energy to ask you instead of just doing something simple.”  Amy said.

“Yeah, I found out the next day that the sounds I heard in the morning was him trying to hide the boxes of string lights and roses that had been dropped off.”  

“That's adorable. He loves you so much and I know you love him just as much.”  Jen exclaimed. 

“He’s the man of my dreams. Even our fights leave me loving him more at the end. He just has a way with words. I’ve realized that when we fight he’s better at expressing what he thinks through words and I’m better at showing it through actions.  Between the two of us, we just can’t stay angry at each other.”   

“We're glad you're happy you deserve it.” 

“I’m happy to, he’s perfect for me.”  

“So where is he now?”  Jen asked, looking around the room and not seeing any signs of him anywhere. 

“Oh he’s filming, I was actually going to take him some lunch since he forgot his on the table. Do you guys wanna come? I’m sure he won’t mind.”

“Sure that sounds great.”  Amy answered.  

“Alright lets get going. A hungry Alan is a cranky Alan.”  You chuckled.

You all got into your car and went to where Alan was filming. It was only about a 20 minute drive, you all talked and caught up on the way there. Shared many laughs and told stories.  By the time you got there you were all red in the face from laughing. When you got there the security guard knew who you were.

“Hi Y/N, did Alan forget his lunch again?”  He asked, knowing it was the reason for 90% of your visits.  

“Yes of course. That man would forget his head if it wasn’t attached.” You chuckled. These are friends of mine and Alans. They just wanted to say hi real fast then we’ll be out of your hair.”

“Oh it’s no trouble, here just take these visitor passes. See you soon.” 

“Thank you Carl.” You said handing them to your friends.