Chapter 6 ~ Ethan Woods

We arrive at the pack house about 20 minutes ahead of the scheduled meeting. Christian takes off to go see his mate, Vanessa. As for myself, I need to touch base with our pack Alpha, Lucas. As soon as I walk into Lucas' office, he stops what he is doing to look up at me.

"I don't believe it; Ethan Woods has found a mate. I can smell her all over you. Where is she? I can't wait to meet her."

"Well, I hate to disappoint but she isn't here. I think I'm going to have to do some research. She doesn't seem to know that she has a Wolf. As far as I can tell she doesn't belong to a pack either because I didn't smell another Wolf on her. She is not what I expected. She is a mystery to me".

"A lone Wolf? Well, she certainly does sound interesting, but let's be real, all women are mysterious."

At that we both agreed and laughed. I don't want to tell Lucas everything about her just yet. I left out the part about her eye color. I think I'll ask Gavin, our historian, to do some background research on wolves with emerald green colored eyes. I have never heard of such a thing. All wolves have the same eye color, just like White Witches all have yellow eyes, and Dark Witches have deep purple, Vampires of course have red eyes. I want to know what that could mean. I don't want to put her in any danger before I know.

The meeting began with the usual discussions of business. After all, that's how we're able to provide for the pack. We have pack members in all sorts of professions, from medical, to law enforcement, to business and agricultural. We also have many investments in several different avenues including bitcoin. Pack money is not an issue. Our issues right now are with the neighboring Wolf pack, The Langston's. And the second issue is with the Vampire king, Vladimir.

Every supernatural species has their own form of ranking system in order to survive. The truth is they all more or less have a pyramid shape of command. There are some differences within the ranking systems and titles but there is always a level at the top, levels in the middle and the rest are at the bottom. Long ago a treaty was made between all of the supernatural species. From this treaty a committee was forged. This committee then created supernatural laws known as the Underworld Accords. It was then decided that each supernatural species would govern their own, but should individual parties break the accords, neighboring supernatural species would assist with the disciplinary action.

Let me explain the levels of command for us Wolves. On our own, we basically start with Wolf pack headquarters, below that is individual pack Alphas in their own districts. And under the individual pack Alphas comes their Beta and then their Omegas. Vampire's politics are similar to our own but they use different ranks. The head coven is known as the Highest house of Vampires. The vampires who hold their positions on the Highest house of Vampires are usually known as the Elders or Originals. Below that, the vampires have zones which are controlled by either a Queen or King Vampire. There are no formal ranks below the King or Queen but just like us, they have supporting rolls such as enforcers, guardians, historians, hunters, etc.

As for the Langston's pack problem, they want to join our pack and ranks but they are not like us, they have not really evolved into today's way of life and are abusive to their woman. All they see a successful pack and just want it for themselves. They are cunning and ruthless. Wolf pack headquarters has asked our pack to settle this dispute on our own. Right now, no pack rules have been broken but I'm sure blood will be shed soon. Headquarters will not intervein unless pack rules have been broken. We're trying to come up with a peaceful solution. We simply can't have this pack join us unless they agree to change their lifestyle and conform to our pack's way of life. Obviously, the biggest problem isn't from their Omegas, it's from their upper ranks. In fact, some of their Omegas have already pledged their loyalty to Lucas and have joined our pack. The biggest problem is their Leader, Freddrick Langston. He has tasted power and is hellbent on losing it. Without a peaceful resolution, it is likely that we will need to take out Freddrick Langston and his loyal constituents. Lucas would like to meet under neutral territory to discuss the terms. But it is likely that Freddrick will refuse them and openly express war with our pack.

As for our Vampire issue, King Vladimir, has breached his peace treaty with the Underworld Accords by turning humans without their consent. Under his authority, there is an active Vampire coven outside of our city limits. This wouldn't normally be our problem, except that there has been reports of people missing from our district and the Highest house of Vampires has asked us to assist with disciplining King Vladimir. Unfortunately, King Vladimir feels that it is within his rights to hunt and turn any human he wants. At this time, we're still waiting to hear from the Highest house of Vampires with how they would like us to deal with the situation.

Overall, the meeting went well and was productive. Lucas will set up the meeting with Freddrick Langston and his most loyal wolves on a neutral territory between the district lines. As for the Vampire King... it looks like we still have to wait for the Highest house of Vampires to respond and provide us with their plan of action.

With the meeting over, I decided to stay at the pack house tonight instead of heading to my apartment in town. I'm exhausted and I still have to figure out what I'm going to do about Shannon. But before I go to bed, I will find Gavin and ask him to discretely find some information about wolves with green eyes.