Chapter 15

I follow Enya outside and the sun is about halfway up in the sky, still kind of in our eyes. I watch as she starts to stretch, pulling her arm across her body and doing some squats. Which does surprise me because I thought she hadn't worked out like ever in her life. I like to watch her bend over and do her squats because she does have a pretty nice ass, so I'm gonna let her do her thing.

After about five minutes of her just stretching and doing random things while I watched, we had to get this show on the road. I think that she is just stalling.

"Quit stalling and let's go," I bark at her, like a drill sergeant and she almost jumps out of her skin. She looks up at me and she seems to lose her focus on the fact that I am not wearing a shirt. I watch as her eyes stop on my abs and just stay there. I don't care that she is looking, but we need to get started, or else I am going to lose them.

"I was just stretching before we ran, geez," she huffs in annoyance, I think she is done staring at me. I don't care if she catches up or not, I am going to start. I begin to jog at first, letting the warm breeze blow past my bare chest. I love the way this forest seems to whistle in my ears and the soft crunch of the leaves and twigs under my feet.

I turn just my head to see where Enya is and she seems to be kind of far away still, but she is running, so that is the good thing. I decide that she should be fine by herself, I mean if any creatures are out here, I am sure Enya can find a way to make them go away. She is the literal queen of this bitch. I know that I probably shouldn't be out here alone, but I am not totally. I've got Enya about a mile away.

I hear a twig snap in the bushes next to me and I stop in my tracks. I try to listen again to see if I was hearing things right. I heard it again and I turned and looked where the noise was coming from. I heard a loud snarl and my heart started racing. I know that sound and I've heard it before. It sounds like a wolf-like creature. I watch as the heavy footsteps get closer and closer to me. I start to back up slowly, carefully edging towards one of the trees. I hear the low growl and I look up and I see a flaming wolf, eyes glittering with destruction. It's as if he wants to rip me to shreds and eat my bones.

I close my eyes and try to breathe in and out, as slow as I can. I try to not move a muscle so he doesn't sense me. I don't know how great his eyes are. Maybe they can rely on smell and he is smelling fear on me. I think wolves are pretty scary in general, now just imagine a flaming wolf with blood-soaked teeth, growling at you. I am trying to stay as calm as I can be, maybe he knows that I am not from here so that's why he's going after me. Where the hell is Enya? I thought she was following me.

"Roan, are you being nice to our guests?" I hear Enya speak so clearly behind me and I turn to see her. She looks so powerful, standing on the top of the rocks, her hair blowing in the wind. It's almost out of a painting the way this scene is going.

Does this thing have a name? Of course, it does, I mean I am not surprised that it is one of her pets. The flaming wolf turns its huge head to where Enya was and he seems to be happy to see her. My eyes follow Roan as he leaves where he was with me to go and see Enya.

Enya reaches her hands down to grasp at his fur, petting him like a dog. "It's okay, you can come up here. He's not going to hurt you." She explains and I don't know if I trust her but I slowly make my way up there, trying not to startle that...thing.

"What the hell is this?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. I am being a little dramatic but he honestly could have killed me. So I am not being that dramatic.

"Roan is one of the many wolves we have here in my fire kingdom. Each of the four realms has their security that if someone tried to cross the border these guys are trained to hunt outsiders down only," she says, in a doggy voice like she's talking to Roan and not me.