Chapter 20

Today is the day that Enya has to go and meet her father and sisters. She told me to stay away from this at all costs and to go see the trainer in the city. I know that it is very dangerous for a human-like me to be anywhere close to where they are going. I don't have an exact idea of where they are, but I have some general knowledge of the area. It is a good idea to just stay completely away from them.

I wait for Enya to leave before I head into town. She gives me a quick hug goodbye and tells me to not come there for any needs. She said she doesn't need me there to help and I can't help anyway because I am human. I am nothing compared to what those beings are.

I watch as Enya leaves the castle. She seems to be wearing a different dress than she usually wears. It is very extra and seems to be made completely out of flames. I know that she is probably showing off to her family, or it is some sort of tradition to meet up with your powers showing. I like how she walks in it though, she walks with her head held high.

Watching her leave is probably the hardest thing I am going to do today. I hope her family can see how powerful she truly is. I know she is going to have it rough and I hope she can ignore what they say to her. I do feel bad for her in all honesty. She doesn't have it easy but she makes it seem like she has a good life. Enya is very good at making a brave face in front of people. She has let down some of those walls in front of me and I am really glad she did. Let me see a different side of her I had never seen.

The wide castle doors close with a loud thump and I just stare into the empty abyss. It feels so lonely being here alone in this big castle. No wonder why Enya tries to get lots of men in here. I don't agree with her strategies but I can see why.

Every once in a while I will run into Ember in the halls. I usually just say hello and I am on my way. She is weird around me and I don't like the way she is treating me. She is being quite rude and needs to get over it. This time I am not letting her get away without talking to her. I am getting sick and tired of her glares in the hallway. She has no right to be so mean to me when I've apologized like twenty times.

Before I can say anything, I grab Ember's arm and pull her towards me. She lets out a yelp like I just stepped on a puppy. She is being a little dramatic, I even made sure I wasn't grabbing her too tight. I let go of her arm and she just crosses her arms and huffs at me.

"Listen to me," I whisper harshly at her, "I am not gonna let you be so rude to me even after I have apologized so many times to you. I am getting sick and tired of you being so mean to me. I just want things to be back to where they used to be."

Ember is just staring at me now, gaping like a fish. I bet she wasn't expecting me to say that. Maybe she didn't peg me as someone who would stand up for myself.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ember half sneers at me. I can't believe she's having an attitude right now. She's never been this mean to me and I didn't do anything as bad as the other men.

"Oh, don't pull that shit on me," I glare back at her. I am not backing down. "I know that you still have not forgiven me but that was almost over a month now, you need to get over it." I am tired of this bullshit she is giving me.

"I know, I just can't seem to forget what you did," Ember lets her face relax more and she seems to start warming up to me now. "I just wish you hadn't done that because you were the only person that I liked so far." When she says that last part I can tell she's letting her walls down with me again. Ember is starting to see me as a friend again and that's all I've ever wanted.

"I am so sorry for ruining our friendship," I admit with my whole heart. I do miss her friendship, it seems to be the only thing keeping me sane with Enya. "I am sorry for making this awkward between us." I want her to know that I truly am sorry.