chapter thirty seven ➸ thank you

"It's getting late," Lauren whispered against Camila's neck, peppering kisses up to her chin and placing a gentle kiss on her soft lips. Camila nodded, scooting off of Lauren's lap and hanging her feet over the edge of the roof above the balcony. She pushed off without a second thought, landing square on the deck and turning to look up at Lauren as she did the same.

"Wh-w-what are we?" Camila asked shyly when they reentered the master bedroom.

Lauren sat down on the edge of the bed and turned to Camila. "What do you want us to be?"

"Married," Camila didn't miss a beat. Both girls giggled and Lauren motioned for Camila to come sit down next to her.

"One day, Camz. But I think there's another question I've gotta ask you before we even think about getting married," Lauren said. She reached up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind Camila's ear. The smaller girl shivered. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"N-no," Camila giggled. She stood up to walk into the bathroom but Lauren grabbed her hand and pulled her back onto the bed.

"You're a brat," Lauren teased, kissing Camila's nose and leaving their faces just inches apart. Camila lifted her head to connect their lips but Lauren pulled out of the way. Camila whimpered.

"I don't think I can kiss you if you're not my girlfriend," Lauren smirked. "Scout's honor." She brought her fingers up to her forehead to salute and Camila giggled.

"Fine. I'll b-be your g-gi-girlfriend," she said, not wasting a second before pulling Lauren down and crashing their lips together. The kiss broke and they were both laughing.

Rolling off the bed, Lauren unzipped her dress and let it fall to the floor, leaving her only in her bra and panties. She could see Camila eyeing her subtly from the mirror and felt her cheeks flush red. Moments later, she slid back under the covers and waited for Camila to join her.

Camila pulled her dress over her head and let it join Lauren's on the floor. The moment she slid under the covers, she was pulled into Lauren and instantly overwhelmed with the familiar scent of the older girl. Camila turned over so she was facing Lauren and gave her a soft smile.

"I-I'm glad I d-d-didn't die," Camila whispered, resting her head on Lauren's chest.

"Me too," Lauren sighed softly. She kissed Camila's forehead and leaned over to turn off the lamp. The room was quickly coated in darkness and with the loss of one sense, Lauren's others senses became heightened.

Just as she was feeling sleep overtake her, she was jolted back awake by the feeling of a small hand tracing circles in her abdomen. Her breath caught in her throat when Camila's hand trailed down lower.

"W-what're you doing?" Lauren choked out, breaking the silence. As soon as Lauren spoke, Camila twisted herself out of Lauren's grip and was suddenly on top of her, straddling her waist.

Their lips crashed together and Camila's hands slowly grazed up and down Lauren's exposed stomach. They pulled apart, breathless.

"I want t-to do th-t-this for you," Camila whispered. Lauren felt her breathing turn shallow and her heart sped up.

[smut warning - consider yourselves warned]

"A-are you sure?" she asked, already feeling the throbbing where she needed it the most. Camila nodded and moments later a soft moan was escaping Lauren's mouth when Camila's lips latched onto her neck. She left open mouthed kisses down Lauren's collarbone, making her way down to her chest. Her hands simultaneously trailed up her stomach and cupped her breaths. Lauren inhaled sharply as Camila's hands snaked around her back to unhook her bra. She struggled for a moment and Lauren caught her giggling.