^ Prologue ^

Hands on my waist. Kisses on my neck. Behind our school gym, Tsukishima Kei was wrapped into my arms, making out with me. He is so gentle with his placements. It's as though I were a delicate glass, bound to be broken. Words could not describe what pleasure I feel whenever we physically touch. But sometimes...I feel like he creates invisible boundaries, reminding me that this isn't real.

For instance, we only meet up after his practice because he doesn't want the attention, but I think it's because he simply doesn't like me the way I like him. It's not like I told him I liked him. Why should I confess when I know he would turn me down and I'd lose any chance I had? I know this kind of courtship is simply me being desperate. I'm very well aware. I don't see any harm in simply kissing my crush and pretending like he is kissing me because he may potentially like me. And besides, I'm not even completely sure I've fallen for him.

He's what I'd like to call "Out of Reach". He has the type of personality you would search for in a boy friend not boyfriend. I just don't see myself ever growing to being dependent on him nor can I imagine him needing me. Me? I wish I could hear those words coming out of him mouth. "I need you." Just thinking about it makes my heart race.

"Why are you in such a rush today?" I pulled away, needing to catch my breath.

"I have things to do," he shortly responded, eager to push his tongue down my throat.

"Well, it's not enjoyable if you rushing into every step. Slow down," I demanded. He's not someone to listen but God knows that I am currently his weak point. Even though I'm not his ideal type, as he has mentioned before, I am someone who he's sexually attracted to. Otherwise, why have we been doing this for over seven months.

"We've been through this, L/N. I have to get back as soon as possible. I'm making time for this, not you."

"Not me?" I removed my hands from his neck and leaned back onto the wall. "I always go out of my way to see you. I'm always staying in the library late, just so we could do this after volleyball practice. I'm always going out of my way, asshole."

He stepped back, letting out a deep sigh. "It's not like I care if you hate me. If anything, it makes it easier for you not to get attached."

"Jackass," I moved past him. "What makes you think that you couldn't possibly be attached to me?"

"I know you. You want to be the best. If the best gets replaced, then it's no longer the best," he stepped closer to me, lifting up my chin up with his thumb.

"That still doesn't answer my question," I stay unfazed. I've heard worse. He should me meet my sister if he thinks that his words could get through to me.

"Just know that if I ever do get attached to you, A, you wouldn't catch on, B, I would replace you."

"Replace the one you like? Find it hard to believe," I scoffed.

"You're not girlfriend material. You have the looks of one and..." he fades into silence. "That's about it. You're nothing more than an agressive, self absorbed, control freak. There's nothing to like about you."

"But my plump, juicy lips that you love sucking on," I joked. "My neck that you're so desperate to devour, my scent you've complimented me on several occasions...ooh let's not forget my hips you're currently caressing. Do I need to go on?" I smirked with an indecent look in my eyes. He doesn't want to admit that he's physically attracted to me when I know he is. It's one of his personality traits.

Note to self: he denies anything you say just because it's you

"I forgot to add that you're so dependent on my compliments. If I were to call your nose wrinkly and dry, which they are, would you still act so high and mighty? If I said you really needed to scrub your face because I can see dirty spots on your skin, would you still want me to touch you?"