^ Chapter 15 ^

"So we're stuck here?" He whispered.

"No shit," I rolled my eyes. "What does seven minutes in heaven mean?"

"No need to be bitchy. Today wasn't your day, I get that but don't take it out on me," he protested.

Spent two weeks organising non stop the schedule for the trip. Had to check up on every students forms just to see if they signed what needed to be signed. Lost a lot of sleep those weeks so I thought I'd sleep on the bus but no. Instead, I got dragged into a lot of games ended up giving a "lap dance" to one of the guys in my class. And on top of all of that, Kei still hasn't explained what that day was which over complicates everything. I couldn't even sit by his side when we started playing seven minutes in heaven.

"I'm sorry. I just want to stay in silence for the time being."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He put his arm around my shoulders just to drag me closer to him.

"Actually, I don't. It's not that serious." I didn't bother fighting back.  I just can't be bothered.

"I thought it was."

"It's not like you'd say much now would you?" I tried looking into his eyes but I couldn't tell if he was staring back at me.

"Y/N, it's hard for me to tell you what I'm feeling. You have to understand," he tilted his head towards my head.

"I do, don't worry. I just want to stay in silence for the remaining minutes." I can't lie. I am disappointed. He should know me by now. When have I ever laughed at someone for confessing. I never laughed when he cried in front of me. If anything, I'd be the last person to be insensitive when it comes to this.

"Want me to hold you?" He reached for my hand that he was placed on my knee.

"You don't have to."

"Do you want a hug instead?" I felt his gaze pierced through me. What does he want from me?

"No...it's fine." I can hardly pretend that I'm not tearing up if I keep on talking.

"Are you okay? You sound like you're gonna cry?" He chuckled under his breath.

"Do I?" I'm biting my lips as hard as I can. I can't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Yeah you do. I'm pretty sure I felt a liquid drop on my shirt."

"Oh that's my saliva, sorry," I lied as I wiped my tears.

"You sure?" He let go of my hand.

Please don't touch my face.

"Cause I'm pretty sure..." his hands my cheek. "It didn't come from your mouth. Your face is damp."

"I can't cry right now," I moved his hand away as his touch alone made more tears come out. "What will people think when they see me crying once we get out?" I sniffed. "Did Kei do this? Was she rejected? What happened in there?" I imitated the reactions of my classmates.

"Is there anything I can do?" His hands were no longer in my presence.

"Help me stop crying," my voice broke down. I couldn't contain it anymore.

"But how? You've never cried in front of me."

"I don't know," whimpers continued to leave my lips.

"How much time do we have left?" I could hear that he was definitely starting to get anxious.

"Maybe two at most."

"That's not too bad. I could work with that," he mumbled to himself.

"Huh?"