^ Chapter 5 ^

Alone.

I like being alone but to a certain extent. When I self isolate, it gives me time to reflect. Time to Think about my life choices when I don't really want to. It forces me to be a self aware when I don't want to. Sometimes I wish I was oblivious. Like knowing that Kei may never treat me how I want to be treated or that he will not confess to me. I never wanted to know any of it but I do.

And it was never like this. In fact, it's shocking how we got to this point.

Back then, he was the one initiating everything because I wasn't interested in him, at first. Like take the first time he kissed me. I was at a party with a bunch of my friends when I noticed a guy staring at me with intimidation. Not admiration. Of course I ignore it. I tell myself that I was crazy and shallow for thinking that someone was eyeing me from a distance. It was only when I finally made contact with him that I knew that I wasn't imagining things.

I lifted my brow at him to check if I was right. He squinted in confusion which confirmed once more that he was looking at me. I analysed his physique to see if I liked what I saw and I thought it was rather decent. I've seen better like that guy on the national swim team. Haru was the name if I'm not mistaken. That is not to say he's ugly, just simply didn't peak my interest.

Anyway, I shrugged off his glare and continued chatting with my friends. At some point I went to the bathroom to check if there was something in my eye because I felt a sharp, small object rubbing against my sclera. Waiting in line, I noticed he was behind me, not saying a single word. Since I've never spoken to him before, I found the courage to confront him which is something I never do. I'm not that bold nor brave.

"Were you staring at me?" I turned around and asked as I rubbed my eye.

"Are you speaking to me?" He pointed at himself.

"Who else am I looking at?"

Dumbass.

"Maybe the guy right next to me."

"Let's not be dumb and just say that you were so I can be on my way, okay?"

"Okay," he folded his arms. "I was looking at you and what about it?"

"What was the reason?" I grew frustrated as the sharp pain continued to poke me.

"I need a reason to look at someone? Let alone explain why I looked at someone," he scoffed. "Is there something in your eye?"

"Some stupid eyelash of mine got stuck and I can't seem to get rid of it. More importantly," I continued the argument. "Yes you shouldn't look at someone if the person feels uncomfortable," I argued.

"Did your friend force you to tell me that?"

"You were not looking at my friends. Stop lying."

"I was actually staring at the girl with the h/c hair," he denied.

"Oh really? How tall was she?"

"Above average."

"Outfit colour?"

"Let's see if I can remember correctly," he eyed my outfit. "I'd say dark colours but I could be wrong."

"Sure," I rolled my eyes. "Same school?"

"Most likely."

"Same grade?"

"Probably based on her friend group."

"How's her friend group?"

"One of them is dating my teammate so I'd say very loud."

"Very good observation," I sarcastically complimented.