Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Mikey sat up straight as more thoughts came pouring into his head from Blaze. This time, he knew he wasn’t going insane when he heard them. He heard her. Her thoughts, everything. But the main question. Should he tell the others, or just keep it to himself?

“Gee? Gerard!” Mikey kicked his shoe, making Gerard jump awake from his random nap. Mikey didn’t blame him for falling asleep though. Everyone was dead tired.

“What!? What’s wrong?!” Gerard rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up more and focus. Mikey just chuckled and sat down on the ground next to him.

“Well, I can hear Blaze. In my head, I mean. I can hear her thoughts, see her surroundings, everything,” Mikey just let it all spill out. Gerard just listened, sitting there dumb-founded expression on his face, but seeming to understand everything.

“Why can you hear her, but her biological sister can’t?” Gerard asked him after a while of silence.

“Honestly … I don’t know,” Mikey frowned at this, glancing down at his feet for a few seconds before seeing a pair of shoes standing in front of him. He looked up, looking at Fallen’s tortured face.

“Whoa, Fallen, what happened to you?” Gerard jumped up, letting Fallen sit down next to Mikey. Her eyes shut as she sighed quietly.

“The fact my sister is gone has got to me,” Fallen opened her eyes as she said this, the hurt and worry piercing through them.

Mikey sighed and hugged her, as Gerard sat down next to her on the opposite side. He too hugged her when Mikey released her from his grasp.

Fallen’s head fell onto Gerard’s shoulder, her eyes sliding shut again as she sniffled some. Gerard didn’t like seeing her like this, and he didn’t know why that was. Honestly, it sort of had him freaked as to why he felt … feelings for this girl.

Soon after Fallen had sat down, and was still leaning into Gerard, she fell asleep against his shoulder. His arm was still secure around her as he looked over her and over at Mikey. Mikey was staring, mouth wide opened, and saying nothing.

Gerard shrugged, seeming to know what his brother was thinking. He actually didn’t mind this. He liked the warmness from her, the closeness, everything about it made him happy and seemed to make his worries run away.

Mikey’s mouth shut, and his face turned into a smirk as he was about to say something to his brother. Gerard, in return, gave him a look that meant, “You speak, and you die.” It shut Mikey up real quick, even made him leave them alone.

Besides, Mikey was going to try something. He wanted to see if he could think to Blaze, have a conversation with her, something. He just needed to hear her voice again…

‘Blaze? I don’t know if this will work, but I had to try…’ He thought to her and waited silently for a reply as his feet carried him around the wooden shelter randomly.

A few minutes went by, and nothing happened. She never answered, not even a stir from her in his mind. But then she seemed to come alive, cursing in her head.

‘Sorry, did I wake the sleeping beauty?’ Mikey chuckled in thought, smirking to himself as he stopped walking, leaning against the wall outside.

‘Yes, you did, you idiot. Jeez, and that was one of the best sleeps I’ve had,’ Blaze smirked in thought, mentally sticking her tongue out at him.

‘Well excuse me for worrying about someone who isn’t even here,’ Mikey sneered, playing with her of course. He didn’t think he could honestly be mad at her for anything.