Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

“So, you’re saying you’re like connected in a way with Blaze’s mind?” Frank tilted his head, confused by all of this. No one could blame him. It was confusing, even for Mikey.

“I know it sounds strange, but yes, I am. Right now, she’s sleeping,” Mikey stated clearly. The others just gaped at him.

“Can you see what she sees and hears?” Star’s little voice piped up, making everyone look done at her.

“Believe it or not, I can. I can faintly hear Korse,” He shuddered slightly at the name, but continued. “in the background, and Blaze is dreaming right now.”

“What is she dreaming about?” Fallen asked Mikey, wonder and question filling her expression.

Mikey quickly shut up and looked down some.

“That, I rather not say. It’s her dreams, not mine, so if you want to know, you ask her whenever she’s with us again,” Mikey mumbled, and cleared his throat afterwards some.

“You know if she’s dreaming about you, I don’t care, right?” Gerard smirked and playfully poked Mikey’s arm. Mikey shot him a glare in return. Gerard merely chuckled and held his hands up in defense.

“No, he has a point. I don’t think any of us care what she’s dreaming about,” Fallen agreed with Gerard, taking a chance to glance at him. Frank, Ray, and Star all nodded their heads in agreement as well.

“Mmhmm, sure. Whatever, but yeah… she is- scratch that, was dreaming about me. She’s waking up now,” Mikey stated, going back to deep thought to reach Blaze again.

‘Sleeping beauty awoke again?’ He thought to her, chuckling to himself.

‘Would you stop calling me sleeping beauty?’ Blaze groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head.

‘Sorry, I will.’ Mikey stopped chuckling to himself.

“Tell her I said hi!” Fallen poked his arm, making him come back to reality for a split second, just enough time to roll his eyes.

‘Fallen says hi,’ Mikey thought to her, now wishing he hadn’t told them about being able to hear Blaze.

‘I’m guessing you told them, huh?’ Blaze sighed and leaned against the wall, looking up at the ceiling, studying the little cracks in it.

‘Yeah, I kinda had to. Fallen kicked me, and asked why I was starring off into space,’ He sighed quietly. His eyes seemed to follow hers, but he was looking at something else, not the cracked ceiling, but instead the non-cloudy blue sky.

Gerard and Fallen looked up as well, thinking he was seeing something suspicious. Their faces were confused, trying to find whatever he was looking at. He all of a sudden looked back down, making them more confused.