10. IN THE AIR

Charlotte's POV

The day out with Veronica turned out good to me. I felt peace after a long time when I put my hand in the lake water. I had forgotten everything during that time. That feeling was amazing. Veronica wanted to have sex with me, but I said no. I want to get comfortable with her, learn about her and then go for it. I feel that it must have broken her heart.

I woke up in the morning and saw my bed empty. I went to the bathroom to take a bath. I came out quickly and got ready as we have to leave for Caster. I went to the living room and saw Misha and Veronica doing breakfast and watching tv. I took breakfast and sat with them.

"Good morning guys. Veronica once you are done eating, please get ready, we need to leave for Caster." I said to them. "Take a breath sister. I told her earlier about that." Misha said. "Oh! Okay." I said and started to eat as fast as I can. They both looked at each other and laughed. "What is it? why you both are laughing?" I said irritatedly.

"You can eat slowly. When Misha told me that we will be leaving, I did everything. I packed your and my stuff. Took bath and got ready. So, we have time. You can eat normally. Don't worry." Said Veronica. I didn't expect that she would do all this, after what I did. But it was good. "Thanks Veronica. So sweet of you." I said and she smiled.

Misha jumped from her seat and said, "Okay. I am going so that you two can have each other." Veronica just lightly slapped on Misha's arm and then both laughed. Misha and Veronica had grown close to each other and that made me happy.

I finished my breakfast and told the driver to take our luggage. We both hugged Misha and said good bye to her. Veronica had tears in her eyes. She had grown really fond of her and why not. Misha was with her all the time.

We left in our car for the airport

We left in our car for the airport. We reach the airport and our jet was ready. The pilot and the air hostess greeted us. After few minutes the air hostess came with few refreshments. Veronica was sitting opposite to me. "Veronica! I want to talk to you." I looked at her and said. "What is it? Are you going to drop me home and fly back for your work?" She asked. "No. No. It is nothing like that. I wanted to talk to you about us." I replied. Us! Is there any us? She said annoyingly while looking at me. I was neither shocked nor surprised. "That's what I want to talk about." I said. She took a sip of her drink and said fine.

"I know that I have not been the wife you expected me to be." I said. "Oh! So, you do know that I am your wife." She said. That girl was high on her nerves. "Since our marriage, I have been away on work. I want to spent time with you, but I have my modelling assignments, business to take care of. Due to all this I have not been able to be with you." I said half-truth and half lie.

"Don't lie to me Charlotte. I know that you don't want to spent time with me. If you wanted you could have taken me with you or at least asked me. Hell! You didn't even tell me that you were going somewhere and you never called." She said angrily. "I..." I was saying and was cut-off by her.

"Now don't say that you don't have my number. You could have asked me, but you didn't. You are saying that you are busy in modelling and business, but the truth is that you don't want to be with me and why would you. I am not your type." She said. "My type! What is my type?" I asked.

"Beautiful, sexy, hot, bold, educated, tall, rich, etc. This is your type. And I am not any of this. You have been around such girls all your life. Modelling and business are just an excuse that you give to me." She said. "It is not like that at all Veronica. You are everything a person would want in their wife. Work is not an excuse and it is true. I am sorry that I didn't take you with me or asked you to come because I don't want to you to change your life because of me." I said, all of which was lie, but I had to.

"Stop lying Charlotte! Since we married, you have never been to me like a wife, not even a friend, not even a stranger. The problem is that you don't look at me. I am stupid for being in love with you. I told my mom that I want a divorce from you and she said not to, but I was determined to tell you. Then you asked me to come with you to Misha's Graduation with an innocent face and I could not tell you. Then you went all out with someone for business and didn't even tell me. The next day you asked me to go out and I enjoyed being with you and felt like we can be something, but then again in the night you said no and that broke my heart and made me realized that we can't be anything. We are a married couple on papers. You married me because of a promise your father made to mine and I am sorry for that. But the promise was to get married, not of being taking a divorce. So, I want a divorce which will set you free from me. Don't worry about your parents, I will tell them that it is me who initiated it. No one will say you anything. As soon as we get home, I'll go to a lawyer and file for divorce. And don't worry, I don't want alimony or anything like that. As soon as it is done, I will go back to my mother and sister and take care of them. You can be with anyone you want." She said and had tears.

I got up from my seat and sat beside her and just hugged her. She cried it all. My clothes got wet due to that. After a couple of minutes, she just shrugged me off.

"Please don't say that. I don't want a divorce and neither do you. It is just that you are angry right now. I am sorry for not paying attention to you. and that's why, I have cancelled all my work plans of going outside of Caster. From now on, I am going to be in Caster only, taking modelling assignments that are in Caster and handling business from here only. So that I can spend time with you." I said bluntly. Now I will have to take care of all this.

"You don't have to do anything like that. I can't take it more. I cannot do this to you and nor to me. I know you are saying this just to make me not file for divorce as you are afraid of your parents, but trust me, I will not let anything happen to you because of me." She said. Such a sweet girl she is. Even though I did wrong to her every time, she stills care for me. This shows her love for me.

"I am not afraid of my parents Veronica. I want to give this marriage a chance. A chance to myself to be with you, take care of you and this is the truth. Please give me a chance. If you love me then you will say yes to this." I said sincerely this time.

"Mams, we are going to land in next 5 minutes." The air hostess came and said and left. I didn't realize that we have been talking for so long. After 5 minutes the jet landed and we came out. We took our luggage and walked towards the gate for a taxi.

I called for a taxi and walked towards the driver and told him the address. We sat in the car and asked Veronica to put on blindfolds. She looked at me in confusion and said, "Are you selling me to someone or taking me somewhere to kill me." She said and that made me give a loud laugh. I said no and told her that there's a surprise for you. Finally, she agreed to put on the blindfold and the car started.

After travelling for like 40-45 minutes the car stopped at our destination. I got out of the car, took our luggage. Then opened the door for Veronica. She was about to remove her blindfold, but I stopped her saying "Just two more minutes Veronica." I paid the driver and he left. I took our luggage, held her hand, walked to a door and rang the doorbell.