13. FEELING GOOD

Veronica's POV

I woke up after a long night sleep. My wife was sleeping next to me. I got up and followed my normal routine. I called my boss and told him that I am back to Caster and will join from tomorrow. I was not in a mood to make something to eat. So, I grabbed some cornflakes and poured milk on it. I sat on the dining table and started eating. 

I saw my wife coming towards me

I saw my wife coming towards me. She took some cornflakes and sat opposite to me and wished me good morning. I wished her the same.

"Charlotte, thanks for yesterday." I said. "For what?" she asked. "For taking all of us out to an amusement park. Alex was very happy." I replied. "I didn't do it for her. I did it for you. What I have learnt about you in these past days is that you love your family and seeing them happy makes you happy." She said.

I didn't believe her. I finished my breakfast and got up. I went to my room and unpacked my stuff. The house was dirty so I decided to clean it. I saw Charlotte smoking while talking on her phone to Cynthia. I could hear her saying, "I won't be doing it anymore Cynthia. You tell them."

Charlotte's POV

After having breakfast, I called Cynthia and told her that from now on, I will be doing assignments only in Caster. She said that it won't be good for my career, but I don't care now. I have done enough modelling. Yes, it is my passion, that is the reason I will still continue to do it, but only in Caster. She asked me to come and meet her.

After that I called my father to know about the business shift status. He told me that it will still take a couple of months. I told him that I won't be travelling anymore for business. I will be in Caster and take care of it from here only.

I got ready and went to meet Cynthia in myoffice.

Cynthia was already there waiting for me. She tried to explain me what would happen if I don't do assignments outside of Caster. But I told her that I don't care anymore, that my priorities have changed. I told her that I have to be here to take care of my married life. She understood it.

After Cynthia left, I called an urgent meeting and told my colleagues that from now on I will be in Caster only, until the shifting completes. That meant we all have to work from Caster and very hard.