19. DUTIES

THREE MONTHS LATER

Emma's POV

I am back to Benneton after 3 months of diplomatic journey

I am back to Benneton after 3 months of diplomatic journey. I had gone to meet the officials of few countries for diplomatic purposes. Being the new Queen, I had to meet the heads of various countries. I need to make Benetton a strong nation in terms of economy, political, infrastructure, education and other aspects. Charlotte was with me all the time. Few of my ministers had been with us.

Just a day after the wedding, I had left with Charlotte. She being the love of my life and the Queen Consort, had to come. I specifically wanted her to be with me due to various reasons like, 1. She is the love of my life. 2. We have been apart for a long time. 3. She runs a big business and understand how things run. 4. She is well educated and has travelled world, so she knows how to evolve with people. 5. She knows to carry herself. 6. She can make me happy anytime.

Whereas my 2nd wife, Princess Veronica, she is very young and completely new to all these things. I believe she is still in shock. She can't speak properly. She doesn't have a dressing sense. Although she was with Charlotte, who is a world known model, she didn't adapt one or two things from her. While we were gone, I had asked my staff to train her for the future. After all, she is my wife and now a princess. There might come a time when she needs to accompany me. Sometimes we all 3 must be together; attend events, address the citizens, their issues when the time comes. I want her to be able to do that so that I can be with Charlotte. I haven't spoken with Veronica since our first meet. Even while leaving for the journey, I didn't meet her.

But it's time for me to meet her, talk to her, get to know her, understand her, might even fall in love with her. After all she is my wife and I have duties towards her.

I have asked everyone to not disturb me for next two days. I am tired from all the stuff and I want to spend these next 2 days with my love, Charlotte. She was with me for complete 3 months, away from her business and all. Now, when we are back, I know that she will invest herself in her work and I can't complain about it.

Veronica's POV

While Emma and Charlotte have been away all this time, I was busy in making myself eligible to be called as their wife, a princess and what not

While Emma and Charlotte have been away all this time, I was busy in making myself eligible to be called as their wife, a princess and what not. The royal staff has been training me to do that. The first month was difficult and I had to work hard on myself, especially on my language, my posture, my walk, my clothing style, eating style, talking with the other royals, ministers, common people, guards, etc.