The Imagination

No pov

Chapa was weak, she wanted to skip school, she had bruises covering her body. She wanted to hide in her sweatshirt but she knew if she skipped class her friends would find her. She hated how caring her friends were at points and how they could find her so fast but also she secretly liked how she could trust that they would be there for her even in darkest moment they helped her find the light at the end of the darkest of tunnels, even Bose being the unique mind he is made the world look like a better place. He was able to take all the pain and worries away from chapa's mind without even knowing it. She made it halfway up the mountain and looked up seeing dark clouds rolling in blocking the light from the sun bringing cool shade. Chapa grabbed onto the last bit of energy pushing her up the last bit of the hill before feeling the temperature drop. She looked to the top of the mountain as a flash of lightning struck the surface of the earth making her run to the door. When she closed the door she was met with worried looks from her friends as the tv screen flashes red with tornado and severe thunderstorms warnings. Chapa slowly made it to her desk hearing Miktelling Miles and Bose the difference between a warning and a watch. She slightly giggled as Bose asked, "So you're saying a warning as in like there is a fire we need to call the police and a watch as in we're making brownies with a risk of setting something my stuffie in fire and I need to warn the firefighters about a fire threat?"

Mika took a deep breath faking a smile, "yea bose" watching as Bose jumped up and down. Chapa couldn't stop laughing seeing the mix between sadness and everything going between Mika mind well Bose celebration lasted till he dropped to the floor from the flash of lightning blasting through the window followed by the roar of thunder. As Bose got up the wind picked up throwing branches and sticks against the glass and walls Bose jumped into chapa's arms scarred. Mika and Miles watched slowly, regretting coming to school that day and not listening to their horoscopes. Miles could take any of the lovebirds he planned to teleport home but as he threw his arm to the sky he felt as though something blocked his powers.

Ray ran in screaming, "we are under attack! The rayshield is up, the shield cancels out your powers. sorry miles you can't teleport out. Ray out!" He left on the other side. Chapa was angry that Ray interrupted her cuddle session but was even more angry that she could not use her powers until Bose pulled her back into a hug. Miles died a little inside watching the two cuddling, he made his way to the front door and kicked the door only for it to come off the hinges and be thrown back towards him. Miles felt weak listening as Mika laughed at him, failing only for her to be thrown to the wall by a branch that came through the open door frame, knocking her out. Chapa struggled to keep herself from laughing at Mika's pain for a second but held it in, taking a deep breath she felt the pressure of the world around her loosen up, the sound of her friends around her fade away, She felt something missing in the middle of her placed in darkness trying to consume her. There was a disconnect between her mind and the real world. Chapa could see the world around her but at the same time could not see the true world she saw the worst part of her imagination. Chapa could not take the imaginations presented by her mind pushing back the monster around her tears rolling down her cheeks being pushed to the wall by the monsters she reached out raged in anger and sadness sending out bolts of electricity all throughout the room. She continued with the lighting hearing the monest cry of pain pushing out the pain inside her mind. She sat on the ground crying with her head in her hands wishing that she could have help dealing with the pain. The combination of having water splashing down through the broken glass onto her and onto the floor surrounding her slowly faded bring her back to the real world. As she opened her eyes she covered her eyes from the sparks of light as she got up she saw the place with broken branches covering the entire floor, holes in the wall and ceiling, Burn marks. Chapa looked for Bose, Mika, Or Miles only seeing grouped up branches, Looking closer Chapa noticed what looked to be a body underneath the branches. As she lifted up the first branch she saw what looked to be Bose's hand covered in burn marks. She had to hurry pulling over the other branches to bring Bose out of his untimely burial, flipping him to his back she could see his whole front side was covered in burns. She knew what had happened and she could not live with herself knowing that she killed her best friends. Chapa ran to the computer leaving a message for anyone to find as she activated the self-destruct sequence enjoying the last few seconds staring down onto Swellview hoping for their protection under a team with people better than herself.

I hope you enjoyed this story have an amazing day and if you in the path of the storm or heat wave best of luck stay safe out in this brutal world! Good luck have an amazing life for a better day!