𝘪

Throne Room, 2011(Pronouns used for Loki: they/them)

Throne Room, 2011
(Pronouns used for Loki: they/them)

"Loki. Since Thor went to Midgard to help his companions fight, you have become the crown prince. And you will have to rule soon, so we need to find a partner for you. I informed the Kings of the realms about that, and they all agreed to send their children as suitors. There will be nine suitors, from each realm, and three contests. In each of them you will have to choose who leaves and who stays, until you will have one person left who you will marry then. Do you understand?" The All-father spoke to his child who stood below him on one of the marble steps in front of the  huge golden throne. 

Loki lowered his head and answered, "Yes father. I understand." The prince wasn't very thrilled about having an arranged marriage but there wasn't much they could do. Because disobeying their father would end with a cruel punishment. Odin always was more fond of his firstborn, Thor, the god of thunder. Loki was more like a sidekick.

"Very well. The suitors will arrive tomorrow. Be ready by dawn for their welcome. I want you in your best clothes." Loki had a cold face expression, so their father wouldn't know what their opinion about the whole thing. "Yes father." 

They bowed to Odin, and turned around walking down the stairs, trying not to trip. They felt light-headed. Loki wasn't ready for the weight of having to rule the nine realms. They just wanteed to enjoy their youth.

Loki walked to the huge golden door that lead to one of the corridors of the palace. They figured that they would take a walk in their mother's gardens to clear their head.