𝘪𝘪𝘪

EveningDining Room, 2011(Pronouns used for Loki: he/him)

Evening
Dining Room, 2011
(Pronouns used for Loki: he/him)

"I have an announcement to make." Odin stood up from his stool at the very end of the table. Him, Loki, Frigga and the suitors were all sitting at the table, discussing the next weeks they'd spend in the palace.

Their eyes wandered to the allfather. "Tomorrow there will be the first contest. You will have to prove yourself artisanal. First, every one of you will have to stitch a pattern on fabric. Then, you will have to design a piece of clothing for a ball that will be held in the evening. Loki will rate each of these assignments from 0-10. The one of you who will have the most points, stays. The three of you with the least points, will be send back to your home realm. Did you all understand that?"

The suitors nodded, and went back to their talking after Odin sat back down.

Loki examined each one of them. Their behaviour, manners, and overall got a closer look at them. His gaze stopped at the Jotun princess. She was rather quiet, and simply listened to the conversations instead of joining them. He also noticed that her appetite wasn't very big, since she only ate few bites of fruit, and continued with staring at her food and pushing it around on the plate using her fork.

After the dinner ended, the suitors were lead to their chambers by guards. Loki managed to catch up with the woman who caught his eye at the feast. "Excuse me, may I lead this lady to her chambers?" He asked the guard, who nodded as a reply and stepped back. "Of course my Prince.

"Hello, Lady Sylvie. How are you this evening?" Loki took her hand and lifted it to his lips, placing a tender kiss on her cold, blue knuckles. The corners of her lips curled slightly at the gesture. "Good evening, Prince Loki. I am well, thank you."

"That is good to hear. I noticed you were quite far away in your mind during dinner. Is there a specific reason for that? I don't want to invide your privacy so I'll understand if you want to keep that to yourself."

"Honestly? I'm not very fond of the idea of being here. Don't get me wrong, Asgard is a great place. But I don't like being a suitor. And knowing myself, I'll just fail the assignments and will be send back to Jotunheim. Back at dinner I was overthinking all that. How it would be if I'd end up marrying the prince of Asgard, or what my father would do if I'd fail. He has high expectations." Loki let her hook her arm around his while he escorted her to the chamber.

"I understand that. My own father always preffered my brother over me. It was very tiring. But my mother...she's perfect. She has the kindest heart. She always treated and treats me and Thor equally." Sylvie smiled, but Loki noticed a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"My mother was murdered by the dark elves when I was very young. She accidentally caught the Aether in her body, and she didn't notice it. One night they broke into the palace and left her with a dagger in her heart. But I'm okay. I still miss her sometimes but I realized that mourning wouldn't bring her back. I just had to accept the truth." Loki smiled at her braveness.

They stopped at one of the goldened doors. "Thank you for letting me escort you, Lady Sylvie. I wish you a good night."

"My pleasure. I wish you a good night too, Prince Loki."

Sylvie watched Loki smile at her one last time, before he walked away to his chambers.