How I saw God in Advice From a Jilted Bride The Baileys Book 2 by Piper Rayne

Advice #1 – First, purge your apartment of all things him—by tossing his belongings off the balcony. 

We are back in Lake Star Light, Alaska everyone! Continuing on with the Bailey Siblings we go to Brooklyn Bailey. 

She is the third child and just got left at the alter by a text message! That is right a text message. And her groom did not even have the courtesy to do it in advance. No Brooklyn was literally in her wedding gown ready to go to the ceremony and five minutes before it was time Jeff her fiancé said I cant do it. I would be pissed to if Dan left me at the alter like that. When she is heading back to her place she was thinking of the life her and Jeff were going to build. At one point she said we were going to make a cute little sign that said The Brickell's What a crock of shit! Haha on that line! 

So she is pissed off and begins going in a rage. She tosses his book out the door to the apartment they were going to live in and hits somone in the eye. Enters Wyatt Moore. Her new hot next door neighbor. Immediately everyone (especially grandma Dory and her sister Juneo) are playing match maker. However Brooklyn just got left and Wyatt isn't the whole I want to get married and settle down type. 

Wyatt is on a mission. You see his father owns a chain of hotels all over the country and just bought Glacier Point. A resort that Brooklyn happens to work at. His father made him a deal. If Wyatt works at this hotel and gets it started and improves it in a certain time frame then his dad will give Wyatt one of the hotels in the future. Wanting to be a part of the business Wyatt agrees. However, he has to abide by his fathers rules. One, he has to work every position from Bell hop, to house keeping and management. Second, he has to show results to his father. Third, if anyone is late or misses so much work they need to be fired on the spot no questions asked.

Granted that is how the majority of businesses work. However, Brooklyn encourages him to actually see his employees and not just the numbers. She challenges him to get to know the employees better and find out if there is something going on as to why they are missing so much work.

While Brooklyn is also helping Wyatt out, he is returning the favor. You see Brooklyn may work at a motel but she is very passionate about essential oils. Wyatt actually helps her turn it into a side business and helps her achieve her dream.

Anyways, time goes on and Brooklyn and Wyatt are spending more time together. They go to New York for Wyatt's sisters wedding and his father and some of the people up there dont approve of Brooklyn. I dont think I need to tell you why. Think of the Notebook. Think of Titanic. Basically Brooklyn doesn't come from the wealthy class. And since she is not rich and works for the Whitmore's Wyatt's dad looks down on her. 

After the wedding Wyatt releases his time is up and he is needed back in New York. He worked all his life for this moment but he needs to leave Lake Star Light in order to do this. Before he goes he asks Brooklyn to go with him. I kid you not I literally cried at this point. It was so sweet and heart breaking at the same time. But she said no. Her family was there. She lived in Lake Starlight all her life. She knew she always wanted to be close by her family. So Wyatt leaves. Leaving Brooklyn heart broken once again. 

But thanks to Grandma Dory and a good talking with Wyatt he comes back and confesses to Brooklyn that he loves her and wants to be with her. He took over Glacier Point Resort and decided he wanted to build a life there with Brooklyn.

So where did I see God in this story? Well, I once heard a song called Dream Again by Matthew West. The song literally starts out by saying one stopped on the day she heard him say I dont love you anymore. When Matthew West wrote that lyric he was talking about a bride who got left at the alter. Because she got left the bride gave up on the dream on getting married one day. After all, if the fiancé left her how would anyone else be with her? But God tells us to dream again. If we give our dreams to him and have them align with what he is good and holy he can make those dreams come true. It might not be how you imagined it but God does make dreams come true. Especially, if we turn to him and trust him in the process. Towards the end of the song the lyric changes. It now says, One starts at the altar where "I'll never love again" becomes "I do" Jesus can do that. He can change peoples minds and hearts for the better. He can make your dreams come true if you are willing to dream again. Brooklyn got left at the alter. And it was for a good reason. Because she would of been miserable if she stayed with Jeff. He wasn't the one for her. Plus with Jeff breaking up with her she found the one who God wanted her to be with all along. She just had to have faith and patience in order to find Wyatt. And God also showed Wyatt a thing or two. About humility and how Brooklyn was part of the plan and was the best thing he never knew he needed.

Book 3 Birth of a Baby Daddy is next. Book two ends with everyone celebrating Austin and Holly getting engaged yay! They are all at Rome's restaurant when a woman comes in with a toddler. She is looking for Denver but is unaware that Rome is his brother identical twin. Its hard to tell them apart if you dont know them well. What does she want? She wants to know who is the father of her daughter. The question is is it Denver or Rome? Stay tuned to find out!