Chapter 5 - Queen Buisness Gala

6 months later

6 months. 6 months I've been with my parents. Oliver taught me the ways of business, and Dinah taught me how to help others with empathy, therapy.

Tonight, Oliver some how convinced me to allow him to introduce me to all his business 'friends'.

Mother was currently wrapping my hair and doing other stuff with it that I truely didn't know what i would look like. She finally finished and grabbed a circular mirror that was resting on the bench behind me and spun me around so I faced a big mirror to see my face. She bring the circular mirror behind me and showed me the back.

My mouth dropped in awe, my eyes dancing with joy

My mouth dropped in awe, my eyes dancing with joy. I turned to my mother and stood up and pulled her into a hug, careful to not ruin the hair.

"Thank you!" I squealed.
"So you like it?" She questioned.
"Yes, I love it."
"Good, now go get ready. They will be here soon." Mother said, waving her hands, ushering me off to get ready.

I grabbed the dress and quickly changed.

(Change colour of dress to your fav colour)

I came out and saw Dinah smile.
"You look lovely dear." She smiled and held her hand out for me to grab as we walked to the door.  We came out of the room and went down the hallway to come to yet another door. I heard chatter and laughing and the soft sound of background music. Mother pushed open the door and we stepped out. Luckily only a few noticed and walked over to us. A lady in a nice red dress came over and greeted Dinah with a hug.

"Dinah, it's been so long, we must get together again soon." The lady said in a very posh way.
Mother nodded politely, "yes indeed we do Vanessa."
"Now who's this little ray of sunshine." Vanessa asked, pointing a finger at me.

Vanessa Crot, I remember mother telling me about her. A nice lady but can be a bit grippy and will keep you talking if you don't get out of there fast. Fathers convinced that she's trying to get all the secrets of the Queen business. Mother had her arm looped through mine and quickly tried to pull me away. "I'm y/n," I politely told her. "She's my daughter, and I must go introduce her to the other business people here." Mother quickly said pulling fast away from Vanessa, weaving me through the groups of people.