epilogue: The future

.
.
.

12 years later...

"Mom! What if I don't get a gift?!" My daughter Mila said nervously.

"Don't worry Mija, you'll do great! Well.. IF it doesn't work then you're still special as the rest of the family." I patted her head as she calmed down.

"You think?" She sniffed and held my arm, "Will Tía Mirabel won't be mad..?"

"Of course not! She loves you Mija, now now get ready! I'll be waiting at your door." You kissed her cheek and left.

.

"Is she okay?" Camilo said worriedly, I smiled at him and nodded.

"She'll be fine.. I hope"

.

"Will you use your Gift to honor our miracle? Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?" Mirabel said.

"Y..yeah" she smiled and went to her door, she closed her eyes and held the knob.

...

The glow disappeared as the door faded away, the people gasped and began to panic. I looked at her worridly and held Camilo's hand tighter, he patted my back and calmed me down. Mirabel smiled and turned to the people.

"We have a new candle holder!"

Everyone calmed down and cheered, I sighed and looked at Mila proudly

"Im proud of you Amor!" You said cupping her cheeks. Camilo hugged her tightly with tears started to form in his eyes.

"My daughter is the next candle holder! Ya hear me people?!" He said patting her back.

"Congrats sis!" My older son Ivan said ruffling her sisters hair.

"T-thank you!"

.

"Heh, who wouldn't knew our daughter is the next candle holder" Camilo said proudly eating an arepa, You giggled and smiled.

"Right??"

.

"Mom!"

"Yo, what do you want?" I said closing the book I'm reading, she climbed onto my lap and looked at me with a smile.

"How'd you met dad?"

"... Basically I woke up, I'm already 5 and I don't remember when I started talking to him thats how...so we're just naturally besties—" you chuckled nervously.

"..."

"..."

Camilo scoffed behind us, I gulped and looked up at him.

"She broke my favorite toy, that's how.." He lifted her up and sat beside me.

"Let me tell you our story..."

.

The end..

This is it—end.

I'll probably making a new one ykyk?

Hope you enjoyed!!♡