[4] Rewind

BEFORE YOU PROCEED ⚠️

tw: mentions of emotional trauma, manipulation, unhealthy relationship & emotional/psychological abuse

_____

"I never would've thought you'd be the one joining us on this mission!" Itto exclaims as he looks at Thoma shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thoma is someone who is deeply trusted within the Kamisato's, and he was the perfect choice." Ayato looks down at his watch.

Beidou notices and claps her hands, "alright guys! Let's leave Ayato to deal with his work."

It was insane that now, you'll be learning what you and the others have been trying to pry out of Ayato for the past few months.

Soon after you're sitting in a room watching Commander Beidou pull up a slideshow: Fatui Members, showed as the first slide.

"Listen up! If anyone has questions save it till the end so it'll be easier to answer," speaking loudly as she shows the next slide, "Childe, he is one of the top gang members besides the other's I'll be showing."

.... Signora, Dottore, Balladeer etc..

Wait.

Your eyes widened when the slide stopped on the one named Balladeer. Fuck fuck fuck, this is not happening. You went rigid in your seat and it felt your blood ran cold at the photo of him.

Balladeer, aka your ex is in the Fatui and you'll be facing him after what felt like very long years.

And the only ones who knew about him and could tell you were panicking right now on the inside were Itto and Yoimiya.

They'd met him a few times before he suddenly upped and left, but you think it had to do with that one day with Itto.

You thank Yoimiya for being the one to sit next to you in this stuffy room.

Her hand was slowly placed on yours on the chairs arm rest and you looked at her, seeing her mouth 'it's okay' and rubbed her thumb over your hand.

If not for her comforting you, you would be panicking on the outside as well.

Scaramouche, that was the name he usually went by but you knew deep down it wasn't his actual name.

You've met back in sophomore year, he was a year older but you met through detention class after school one day, asking you for the time then ditching afterwards.

You don't know how your relationship even started after that but it happened.

Scaramouche did tell you about his gang but he never said anything else about what they do. He was very secretive about it.

Not once had he taken you to meet the gang but you're sure you've seen the ginger somewhere.

The two of you were pretty good at the beginning and then towards a few months into the relationship, it went spiraling down fast.

The relationship you had with Scaramouche wasn't all happy and rainbows, no. He was manipulative and to the point it was getting unhealthy and toxic.

He would make comments about 'how you don't love him' or 'he shouldn't date you if you're going to act petty' for when he doesn't get his way.

If you hung out with Yoimiya or Itto and the gang, he would get very jealous and angry you were seeing them.

If you saw him the next day he wouldn't speak to you nor look at you and would ignore you, until you apologized. It made you sick.