[9] Is it a crime

"—Huh? Do you know what time it is right now?" You rubbed your eyes, turning your phone over to see the time.

Silence.

Then shuffling around and a bed creaking.

"Yes. But like I've said, it's urgent. Don't go alone. I'll send you the location." Then they hung up and you frowned when you turned your phone over to turn it off, not before checking the time: 3:15 AM.

Inwardly groaning and messing up with your hair in frustration, you climb out of bed and start putting on jeans and throwing on a random jacket.

And now, you're currently in the cold waiting to get whatever this was over with.

"It's so cold here! I want to go back to bed already."

Itto was with you and so was Xiao. It took you a while to wake Xiao up knowing he has trouble sleeping as is.

You felt bad having to wake him up but you decided it would've been better to bring him along with whatever Scaramouche wanted.

"I'll try to make it quick... but — uh never mind, anyways, my men have caught sighting of where our leader is at currently. Bad news? is that she's on a certain floor that's heavily guarded and there's a passcode in order to get her."

"Okay.. but where is she at exactly?" You spoke up, rubbing your hands up and down your arms to warm you up from the cold.

Scaramouche takes in a deep breath and then a sigh. He looked conflicted but, if he wasn't going to say whatever it is that's on his mind, then you guys wouldn't trust him so he went on.

"Kanjou Branch. They have her and so we changed our plans and we are going to get her later today." Which left you flabbergasted as he said today, because not only is he saying that the plans changed but it also changes your guys plan.

The plan for you guys was to have more time and go to the locations Scaramouche gives out so you know what their plan was.

Now if anything goes into plan for him and it works; receiving the leader back for The Fatui... you won't have time to search for more clues on the Kamisato's mother. If by dumb luck one of you sees the mom, and she's at the same place as the gang leader, you'll be killing two birds with one stone.

But wrong place, at the wrong time.

"Today? We can't wait till Saturday like we were supposed to do?" Itto looks at Scaramouche as the short man shakes their head.

"No because then we would lose our chances, and I'm not patient on waiting. We're doing this tonight, go and rest, I'll call you later." Then Scaramouche leaves, walking back to a black car and speeding away—leaving you three alone in an abandoned warehouse.

Itto turns and raises his hands on his hips and throws his head back with a deep sigh. "At least we can go home now!"

"We should wait for a bit, we don't know if there's any Fatui members out waiting to follow us." Xiao crossed his arms, but not before gesturing at the wide opening of the warehouse.

"But! It's cold and I'm freezing!—

"Xiao's right though. Better safe than sorry." You shrugged and started wandering around the warehouse. It looked like it's been abandoned for years, seeing that the metal was rusting away even if it was still dark out.

What's weird is that there was a distinct smell.

It smells... horrible, the closer you got to the area. Xiao and Itto were talking in the distance as you looked back. You continued further in the warehouse and the smell got stronger—covering your nose up with the front of your shirt and squinting your eyes.