[10] Deadly stunts

Ears were ringing and there was a throbbing in your head. You don't know what happened but everything happened so quick, you couldn't comprehend what was going on. Muscles ached, smoke everywhere and muffled voices yelling.

You tried blinking to see clearly through the smoke but it was pointless. You were leaning against the cold metal wall of this building where you were on the mission with The Fatui—staying in a group with Itto and Xiao, but there were no signs of them.

The ear piece in your ear broke, making your ear bleed as there seemed to be an explosion due to how much smoke there was. And now you have no connection to Thoma anymore.

Suddenly someones hand was on your shoulder and made you flinch at that—almost shrinking more into yourself.

The hand was now shaking you and you know they were saying something, but you couldn't hear well enough to decipher what they were telling you. Your head was down as you had your eyes shut, but whoever was there with you held your face up gently.

As they held you up and your eyes were brimmed with tears. You could hear them repeat "you're okay" "everything's fine now" and "you're safe" as your eyes focused on who was in front of you.

Itto had concern written all over his face. His brows were furrowed upwards and he brings you closer to him in a tight embrace—holding your trembling body as you cling to his shirt.

_____________

4 hours earlier

The three of you were waiting with the members of the Fatui in a lounge area in one of their many hotel hide out locations. There were a bunch of them and you all have been waiting for what seemed like hours.

You were sitting on a chair at a random table, eating since you didn't have time to eat when the girls left for the movies. Itto was in the bathroom and Xiao was quietly sitting next to you watching something on his phone.

Scaramouche or the ones who call themselves the Harbingers haven't showed up yet either. It was currently 9:13 PM right now, so whatever the Harbingers are doing, they're most likely setting up.

After just waiting a couple more minutes the the big doors to the room you were staying cooped up in, opened and in came the Harbingers.

There was Childe and Signora then Scaramouche came up to you and the guys. Dottore, one of the other Harbingers were no where in sight. Scaramouche motioned for you three and you followed him outside the room.

"What's going on?" Itto asked as you were now away from the room, looking down at the man in front with a brow raised up.

Scaramouche sighs and rubs away at his forehead, "We sent a group already to the location but we haven't received any word back. If they don't say anything within an hour, I'm afraid the mission will go on longer to find the passcode and to help Tsaritsa get out of the Kanjou Branch facility."

You looked down at a watch you were wearing (customized by Thoma before you left to meet up here) and noticed the time. You wonder if you'll have more time to do this before Hu tao and Yoimiya return from the movies.

After getting more info about what was going on down at the facility, everyone started getting ready to depart and leave individually with each Harbinger.

Your group is with Scaramouche and few of the Fatui, then Childe and Signora with their own group.

When you walked outside the building with your group and followed Scaramouche, you all halted when his phone rang. It was quiet except for Scaramouche talking in the distance when he excused himself. You eyed him for a little bit, then turned to face your friends with a raised brow.