[7] Gambles

After the incident with the man, you excused yourself to head to the bathroom. Staying in there for who knows how long—alerting everyone through the ear piece you met Scaramouche.

Taking a few more minutes to calm down as you stood in the middle of the bathroom, you decided to leave and was approached by him.

So now you're about to play a game of Black Jack;  sitting next to Scaramouche after setting down a good amount of money to play.

You were sitting super stiff and not even taking a glance around, just keeping your gaze on the person handing out the stack of poker chips and laying out cards.

Itto and Xiao come into view a few feet from the area and were coming in slowly to take a look at the table.

"You know how to play?" Scaramouche suddenly says as he looks at his cards that were being laid out.

"Yeah..." you mumbled. Itto is at your side while Xiao is next to him, standing with a stranger on his other side just peering down at the poker chips and cards.

Lots of people were coming in to watch and it was starting to feel hot. "what are you doing in a place like this?"

You stayed quiet and Itto glanced over your head to look at Scaramouche. You could feel the anger seeping out and targeting the short man next to you.

"Just wanted to play," you hummed, seeing the handler lay down a couple poker chips down and cards when you asked for a change.

He huffs a laugh, "if you win just this round, I'll hear you out." At that Itto was back at watching what you were planning, yelling when you did good.

Scaramouche was just merely watching as the game went on. As time went on during the round, you had different stack of poker chips in different colors, watching the handler put down a card and Itto and Xiao yelling out a loud yes as you played well.

You moved a stack of chips sliding it towards the handler, seeing Scaramouche squint, "sure that's a good move?"

"I'll take my chances." You grinned as you watched the other players make a move.

More people were coming through to watch, as a big commotion of yes's and groans of not making a right choice were spurred on.

Other players and Scaramouche were doing well as more poker chips were going towards them. You were doing well and when you made another right move, Itto hugged you tightly and Xiao had to pry him off as they both continued watching you play.

After some time, you ended up winning and getting big amounts of money in stacks. You said your thanks and walked off to a different area—Xiao, Itto and Scaramouche following behind.

_________

"I see... so you want to join my gang? Hadn't you two learned your lesson after getting arrested five years ago?" He looked at you and Itto.

Right now you were all in the lobby of the hotel, sitting down on a large couch while Scaramouche was sitting across from you three.

"We just want to be where we belong." Xiao simply says, you were hoping that was buyable at most. 

Scaramouche now was staring at all three of you, squinting his eyes and hummed to himself.

"What makes you think I'll just accept right away? I need to see you're actually devoted, unlike some people." Scaramouche scoffed, sending a glance your way.

Silence.

While the three of you stared back at the other, Itto's brows furrowed and his whole demeanor changed a ten fold.