the beginning of reuniting

Nikki's pov//
A few months ago max found me through social media. I never got to meet him in person ever since 5 years ago when me and him were 10.

"Nicholette we have some visitors!" "Ugh COMING MOM!" I sighed and left my phone on my bed and ran down stairs. I looked to see a tall man with glasses. He looked a little familiar to me. "Nikki this is carl!" That name also sounded familiar but I couldn't get him in my head. Then a man taller than Carl came from behind him. The man was wearing a purple sweater and black jeans. The kid looked at me and smiled. That's when I knew. My eyes widend. "Nicholette this is-" "Neil!" The man then nodded his head.

I then ran up to him and hugged him. "Come with me neil there is so much to tell you!" I said while dragging him to my room upstairs.

"This is my room!"

"I can see you're still a nature sl♡t!"

"Yessir!"
He then starts to giggle. "Have you got to see max yet?" Asked neil "not in person but online yea! You?" "Not one bit!" Replied neil. *chuckles* "he moved to South Dakota!" "Man that sucks!" "Yea but his parents are rich!"

*phone ringing* "Who's that!" Asked neil. "Oh it's max he's facetiming!" I then enter the call to see max in his bed. "Hey max guess who's here~" I told max. "Um you're dad?" Guessed max. "No silly it's neil!" I said while pointing the camera at neil.

"Oh hey max!"

"Sick! Hey neil!"

I could tell they were both happy to see each other. They had a long conversation about something with Daniel and Jen. And I was drawing us all. "Look guys at what I drew!" "That's awesome!"

"So are you guys still in maine?" Asked max "yea!" Answered neil. "So what are you doing at nikki's house anyway?" "Her mom saw Carl and they just started talking so yeah!

I then looked at neil from head to toe noticing that he grew a lot. "Hey guys want to see sash squash?" I asked. "You're still with that nik?!" Max said.

"I'm guessing that's a no!"

"Hey nerd does your dad still do socrety?" Asked max. "Not as much but yeah!" "Neil you grew a lot!" I mentioned. "Yeah you're fucking tall now!" Added max.

Two weeks later

Neil's pov//

I was going to a new school and I was really nervous. I wouldn't know anything and I had to restart. The only thing keeping me alive in that school was nikki. She knew everything about this school, she was my only hope.

When we got there I stood infront of the school. And just looked at it. Then nikki grabs my hand. I looked at her in surprise. She smiled at me and said "come on nerd!" I smiled at her and we walked in.

There were so many kids that looked at me when I came in the school. My social anxiety then started to kick in. *gulp*

"n-nikki I don't like this!"

"Calm down nerd they usually do that! Plus you don't need to worry, I'm in all of your classes!"

I guess that did make me feel better. She then dragged me to the first class. When we walked in the class all the attention was drawn on me. "Kids this is our new student neil!" "H-hi!" God the only thing that was in my mind is what they think of me! I looked at nikki who was right next to me. I squeezed her hand tightly to give her a message that I was scared.

One kid looked at me holding nikki's hand and that kid started to laugh. "Guys he has a crush on nikki!" And then everyone started to laugh. This was it. I wished that I died there on the spot. I could feel my tears kicking in.

Nikki's pov//
I looked at neil and saw him squinting his eyes like he was going to cry. "Shut up marco!" I screamed. Neil then looked at me and I looked at him. I then smiled to give him a message that I will always be there for him.

"Kids sit down." The teacher ordered us. I walked to my desk still hold his hand. I pulled out a chair and showed him where he sat. "Thanks nikki!" He whispered at me. "No problem nerd." We sat down and then the teacher started to teach.

I looked at Marco and then Marco flipped me off. I smiled and then looked at neil. He was sweating so much that he could've filled up a water fountain with that sweat.

Neil's pov//
During lunch I sat alone eating some fruit that I cut myself the day before. Then nikki took a seat next to me. "Hey my friend is also gonna sit here, that cool with you?" "Yeah its cool!" She then thanked me and put a LITERAL PLATYPUS NEXT TO HER!!! "NIKKI NOT THAT!" I screamed.

Then out of nowhere that Marco kid walks up to us and smacks the back of my head. "Well ouch!" "Oh I'm sorry love birds!" Then the tables surrounding us started to laugh. I tried to leave it but I couldn't. I ran out the cafeteria and bump into this lady.

"Sorry miss!" The lady had blonde hair and a pink stipe. She also had navy blue eyes. "Neil?" I looked closely at the girl. "Ered?" "Woah sick dude!" Nikki then caught up to me. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, ered also attends this school!"