chapter 5

Talyn's pov
The next few weeks were insane as we got pretty busy with calls and I even did a few on my own which I was pretty proud of doing, I could also feel my feelings for egon only getting stronger and Peter had taken notice and he was teasing me whenever he could. I was right now talking to Janine a little since we had a bit of free time "so I've notice the way you look at egon, do you like him or something?" She asked catching me completely off guard "I um........okay yes I do like him but I highly doubt he sees me as anything more then a friend" I say. She slightly smirked "well my dear you won't know if you don't try, I'd say go for it" she says and I take a deep breath "I'm gonna do it" I say and she gives me a thumbs up as I had down to the basement where egon was.

I see him and right away my words got caught up in my throat "you okay?" He asked seeing me finally "yea I'm fine egon" I say walking closer to him. I see finally that he was taking readings of the contaminate unit we both looked at eachother and I don't know what it was about us being so close to eachother but slowly we both began to lean in "hey guys!" Ray said and we looked to see him with a new guy. Dame it I was so close "this is Winston Zeddemore, he's the new recruite" he says and I shake Winston's hand "well it's nice to meet you" I say, I'm definitely gonna have to try again. Ray showed Winston how to use the containment unit while I was still helping egon "I'm worried Ray, it's crowded in there and my data points to something big in the horizonc" egon says, what exactly could that mean "what do you mean big?" Winston asked him and egon picked up one of the twinkies from the desk "well let's say this twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the new York area, According to this mornings sample it would be a twinkie 35 feet long weighting approximately 600 pounds" egon says.

Well shit we're definitely gonna be getting more busy soon I bet "that's a big twinkie" Winston says "we could be on the verge of a fourfold cross-rip, a pke surge of incredible even dangerous proportions" Ray says. Good thing Winston got the job today course we're definitely gonna need all the held we can possibly get "we just had a visit from the environmental protection Agency, how's the grid holding up?" Peter asked as he came down the the basement. I took a deep breath "it's not good" I say "tell him about the twinkie" Winston says "what about the twinkie?" Peter asked and we explained what egon had said before "well guess we're gonna get busy" peter says "well good thing Winston came when he did course gonna need a lot of help" I say.

I had to take care of something so while the guys were busy I walked out and made my way to the cemetery to visit my anuts grave, you see she was the one who basically raised me after something had happened to my parents when I was just 5.