~3~ Avoiding a Catastrophe

(The terms that used here in bold style, their meanings were mentioned at the end)~

Seorin fled away from Kim Taehyung the moment the crown prince left.

Taehyung stared at the back of Seorin's figure for a while and reminisced about the past.

"My Dongsaeng, what are you thinking about?" Jung Hoseok, the third prince and son of Consort Jung asked.

"Hyung, I'm admiring the palace gardens," Taehyung said. "It looks like a heavenly landscape."

"Looks like a mortal landscape," Jung Hoseok said.

Taehyung didn't refute his third brother.

Jung Hoseok glanced at Seorin's back. "My dongsaeng, do you know about our hyung and the younger Lady Park?"

"I recently returned from Southern Busan," Taehyung said. "Third brother, what has been happening in the imperial city while I was away?"

"Little brother, you'll be drinking celebratory wine at their wedding early next year," Hoseok said.

"Truly?" Taehyung asked. "What good news."

Taehyung's smiling face made Hoseok's eyes itch.

"Good news indeed for the crown prince," Hoseok said. "With Jin Young's support, the crown prince can sleep higher and more carefree."

"Prime Minister Park is reputed to be a resourceful and diligent court official, who he supports will certainly become more influential," Taehyung said.

Hoseok's eyes darkened from the sounds of Taehyung's words that didn't reveal any hidden emotions. Hoseok's desire to seize the crown prince position was well known. He had always wanted his fifth brother's support. But two years ago when he subtlety asked the fifth brother to help him, the fifth brother volunteered to go to Southern Busan to subdue rebels. The moment the fifth brother left, he knew that his fifth brother had no intentions to join in the battle to contest the throne.