~19~ World-shattering Truth

Widow Kang carried a bowl of food and a bowl of medicine from the kitchen to a small chamber

"Older cousin, eat your meal," Widow Kang said.

"Why are you feeding rubbish to someone ill?" old Kang asked and knocked over the bowl of food.

Widow Kang cried while she was kneeling and picking up the fallen food and broken bowl.

"The cost of your medicine rose," Widow said. "There are only a few silver coins left."

"Don't you know how to demand more silver coins?" old Kang asked.

"Princess Ji Hoon said she's not going to give me any more silver coins," Widow Kang said.

Old Kang threw a cup at Widow Kang's head. "You have a hold of Princess Ji Hoon's tail but you're scared of her. If you're this dumb then go die."

Widow Kang's head hurt and more tears flowed down her face.

"You only know how to cry!" old Kang said. "You won't be satisfied until I die. In the past, it was a waste to take care of you."

"It's not like that," Widow Kang said.

"If it's not like that then hurry and go to the Park Manor and demand more silver coins!" old Kang said. "You can threaten Princess Ji Hoon that you'll tell Prime Minister and fifth prince's wife if Princess Ji Hoon doesn't give you the silver coins. If I wasn't bedridden I'll go there myself. Go! Buy proper food on the way back... useless woman!"

Widow Kang tidied the small chamber, changed into dry clothes, and walked toward the Park Manor.

Choi Wung whom Taehyung asked to follow Widow Kang was hiding on the roof. Taehyung instructed if he didn't find out about Widow Kang's situation then he wasn't allowed to return to the manor. But he didn't expect to find out Princess Ji Hoon has had a secret she didn't want Park Seorin to know. He was anticipating Taehyung's praises and finally, the other guards couldn't mock him anymore for his poor fighting skills.

Wung cursed at old Kang through a small roof hole. "Coward old man!" after cursing in a low voice Wung rushed back to the manor.

On the way to the Park Manor, Widow Kang was burdened with guilt and anxiety. She didn't like going to the Park Manor to ask Princess Ji Hoon for silver coins. She wished she never betrayed her conscience and never confided her secret to her older cousin.