~1~ Yearning for Love Blossom

Park Seorin's life was pitiful

She lived past twenty years and had yet to see her love blossom even once in these years.

She wasn't a bad match in the capital, she was sane and beautiful. But she didn't know why she didn't even have one suitor. It was an insane situation.

Her father was the prime minister, Park Jin Young. It was a pity she wasn't her father's golden daughter.

Park Jin Young was a poor scholar, he struggled to study for ten years. During that trial period, Seorin's mother Shin Hye supported him. Park Jin Young and Park Shin Hye had a loving relationship. Unexpectedly after he entered the palace to take the imperial examination, he caught Princess Ji Hoon's attention.

Park Jin Young faced a dilemma. On one side he loved Shin Hye and on the other side was his high ambition. His final decision was he wanted both and married Princess Ji Hoon.

He thought he would live an ideal life. But on his wedding night with the Princess, Shin Hye packed her belongings and returned to her family's country home. Shin Hye never returned to the imperial city even though she gave birth to Seorin in the countryside.

After Seorin's birth, half of Jin Young's heart was started to stay in the imperial city and the other half was with Shin Hye. Occasionally he visited his parents and Shin Hye in the countryside. He missed Shin Hye and wanted to visit more often but Princess Ji Hoon has a powerful influence that didn't allow him to visit them often.

More than ten years passed by quickly. Shin Hye worked hard to earn a living and died of pneumonia. When Jin Young found out Shin Hye died, he cried continuously. Then he brought Seorin to the imperial city. That year Seorin was only sixteen years old.

Usually, young ladies at the age of eighteen were the target of many matchmakers. But Seorin's family background wasn't ideal. Even though she was the prime minister's daughter, she didn't have high hopes for an ideal husband. Prominent men wanted to marry someone who was most compatible with them to elevate their status. In the prime minister's manor behind Seorin was his golden daughter. The golden daughter's mother was a princess and the princess was also the empress' blood sister.