~20~ The Master Plan

But God didn't grant Taehyung's wish

That day Taehyung and Yoongi were out buying medicine while Seorin stayed at the manor watching young maids play in the gardens. She wanted to join them, but gentle fifth prince's wife needed to be dignified. Also, her dresses felt a little tighter than usual. She thinks she gained quite weight.

"Mistress, seventh prince is here," a servant announced.

Seorin wondered if Jeongguk came to visit because a while ago she pinched his cheeks in the palace and later said that when he was free, he could visit her and Taehyung.

Jeongguk never left the palace since he was born. After he heard his fifth sister said he could visit her and fifth brother, he was deeply moved.

Consort Jeon thought Jeongguk's request to visit Seorin and Taehyung was a good opportunity for Jeongguk to bond with Seorin. She asked the emperor's permission to let Jeongguk visit Taehyung's manor.

The emperor consented and sent imperial guards with Jeongguk to Taehyung's manor.

The moment Jeongguk saw Seorin, he jumped into her arms and looked around for Taehyung.

"Rin, Rin?" Jeongguk asked.

Seorin carried Jeongguk to the gardens closer to her chamber.

"Your fifth brother is out," Seorin said. She signalled a maid. "Bring buns and sweets for seventh prince."

Jeongguk was a little disappointed Taehyung was out, but he was happy he could able to play with Seorin.

Seorin thought about what she could play with Jeongguk and remembered the chugguk (also known as Cuju, Football, mainly used in Joseon times) Taehyung brought home a while ago. "Gukkie, let's play chugguk."

In the past Seorin loved to play chugguk in Daegu. She put Jeongguk on the ground and ran to get the chugguk ball from the chamber.

Jeongguk happily played with the chugguk ball. If he kicked too far, his short legs would run little steps after the chugguk ball.