~ 32 ~ Presence of Mind

At the palace, Taehyung's carriage arrived at the same time as Jung Hoseok's carriage

Taehyung waited for Hoseok's group to enter the palace first.

"Taehyung, did you notice there is something strange about Su Ryeon?" Seorin asked softly.

Taehyung looked at Su Ryeon in the distance. Although Su Ryeon wore makeup and a beautiful dress, it couldn't hide her withered aura like someone attending a funeral.

Inside Consort Jung's personal chamber in the palace, she makes Su Ryeon to sit with her. She then started to talk with Su Ryeon.

"Don't act like a corpse... if you exposed anything... you know what will happen to you," Consort Jung threatened Su Ryeon.

"Yes aunt," Su Ryeon said.

"I considered your mother, my friend who is like a sister to me so I spared your life this time, and you should be grateful, that I didn't let my son know anything till now," Consort Jung said. "But don't you dare to act shameless and ruin my plan."

"But... Aunt....," Su Ryeon said.

"Don't worry, I'll spare your life," Consort Jung said.

Su Ryeon clasped her trembling hands helplessly.

"It's time to go to the banquet hall," Consort Jung said.

Consort Jung and Su Ryeon left the chamber and went towards the banquet hall with their family that was waiting outside the chamber, while Minji hid behind a window. Minji tried to find her bracelet but in that process, she also found out Consort Jung's secret.

The emperor's birthday banquet was held in the imperial banquet hall. There were dancers, singers, musicians, and actors who performed at the banquet. The guests ate food and drank wine.

Taehyung was too anxious to appreciate the performers' skills. At his father's birthday banquet the men and women sat at different banquet tables. Taehyung couldn't sit next to Seorin, he could only look at her. He noticed Consort Jung was watching Seorin too closely.

Seorin didn't dare touch the delicious food and wine in front of her. She was worried Consort Jung would dare to poison the food and wine to kill her and her son.