~ 34 ~ Vengeful Plotting

In the palace, Hoseok knelt in front of his father and hit his forehead on the floor

"Imperial father, I haven't mistreated Su Ryeon... but she betrayed me like this," Hoseok said. "I'm heartbroken. I didn't want to hide the truth but even I didn't know the whole matter when the incident happened... But eomma told me that she had an idea about the whole matter but even after knowing the truth she considered Su Ryeon's family so she kept it a secret and didn't let me know about it."

"Are you certain your mother and you didn't keep it a secret so after Su Ryeon gives birth you can become the crown prince?" the emperor asked.

"Imperial father, I was foolish," Hoseok said. "Imperial father, forgive me. I know I deserve to die. But I promise it wasn't me who framed the Fifth brother. That day as I didn't know the truth and I was angry someone harmed Su Ryeon, that's why I didn't stop my mother to say those heavy words to Fifth sister... imperial father, I promise I don't have an ulterior motive. It wasn't me."

Hoseok hit his forehead pitifully on the ground and hid his resentment toward Taehyung.

Hoseok knew deceiving the emperor by using a bastard child as a bridge to make him the crown prince and attempting to kill Taehyung and Seorin's son were crimes that wouldn't escape death. But the whole thing was planned by his mother. Of course, Hoseok knew his mother would never admit the truth about her entire plan.

The emperor's head ached to see Hoseok acting convincingly in an I'll-tear-my-heart-out state of mind. It was frustrating to death to witness it. He felt helpless. Did he choose the wrong son?

"Imperial father, I have something important I want to report," Hoseok said.

"Say it," Emperor Kim Seokjin said.

"Recently I've been suspicious of Fifth brother and my guards have followed him... Fifth brother is stronger than he appears," Hoseok said.

"How?" the emperor asked.

Hoseok was impressed that his mother was right about his father's weariness toward Taehyung.

"Imperial father, my guards discovered Fifth brother's guards are exceptionally strong," Hoseok said. "If Fifth brother is gentle and weak then how can he afford to raise strong guards?"