headcanon 6

Head canon day 6 leading up to the release of Partner's in Crime and Catgirl: Crushed!!!

Release date: March 3rd, 2022

1. Jason knows how much Hazel worries when he is away or leaves her for long so the first thing he does when he sees her again is apologize but she just always tackles him in a hug. He always stays close to her for at least the whole day if not a few days to make it up to her and plans romantic dinners and movie nights.

2. Bruce periodically checks up on Brooklyn. At first Brooklyn was annoyed with this until she realized he was genuinely concerned and wanted to know she was okay. Now she sometimes even talks to him about some of her nightmares. If anyone brings up the fact that Cat could be a Batkid, she scoffs as if it is offensive and Batman denies it, but it's only because they both know Selina was the one that raised her to be who she was and Bruce wouldn't ever take that away from her. When they are just Bruce and Brooklyn, though, they are good friends and really care what happens to the other.

3. Brooklyn still meets with Black Canary every few weeks to talk about everything she went through. Sometimes she needs more meetings in one month than another, and Dinah is really understanding of this.

4. Brooklyn and Bruce play chess together when they have free time, though no one in the family really knows of this. They have managed to keep it a secret. Brooklyn has managed to beat Bruce as much as he has beaten her.

5. Every time Jay gets hurt out on patrol, Hazel can just sense it. She can't go to sleep, she can't get the weird pit out of her stomach and it's like she is restless. The first few times it happened, she didn't realize why until Jason got back, but now she gets the feeling and just starts preparing for the worst because she can't do anything but think about him. And when he finally does get back, he mutters something about hoping she was asleep because he hadn't realized that she rarely ever sleeps until he gets back, and she is never in bed when he comes back hurt. She just ignores all of his comments and hisses of pain and helps him patch up, giving him a few kisses here and there before forcing him to lay down in the least painful position possible (which is usually on his back even if he is hurt back there too), her next to him with her head on his chest, but careful to not hurt him. He thinks it's because she thinks it comforts him which it does so he doesn't complain, but it's secretly so she can hear his heart beating, and feel the rise of his chest as he breathes. And she doesn't fall asleep until his breathing is strong and steady, telling her that he is asleep. It somewhat comforts her, and she finds that she can't fall asleep after him being hurt unless it's in that position. After a few more incidents like this, Jason starts to pick up on it, because he ended up being cut on his chest. Hazel didn't want to hurt him, so she didn't lay her head on his chest. She kept turning, until she finally sat up in bed, thinking he was asleep, until he questioned what was wrong. Despite being slightly embarrassed at being caught, she explained her problem to him, to which he pulled her closer and forced her head to lay on his chest. She tried to stop him, but he finally told her his little secret; he had gotten so used to her doing it, that he couldn't sleep without her there either. So he said forget about the cuts, and held her there until they both fell asleep.

They didn't bring it up the next morning, but from then on, Jason wouldn't even think about closing his eyes until she was positioned right next to him, her head on his chest.

a/n:

which was your fav? Or just one you would love to see?
i'm so excited to release the bookssss

xoxo, author