headcanon 17

1. Katie 100% hides under Red Robin's cape. sometimes it is because it is really cold and it keeps her and him warm. sometimes it's for no reason, she just feels safer there and being that close to him.

2. Katie tried out multiple sports like dancing, cheer, softball, etc. when she was little but the only one that interested her that she felt confident doing was soccer. (granny used to have to bribe her to play t-ball/softball because all she wanted to do was sit and play in the dirt)

3. Brooklyn never truly dated anyone before Dick. He was her first love and this is why it's such an adjustment for her in the books when they start dating (other than the obvious reasons)

4. Hazel and Jason act like a married couple. not on purpose but they just live together and don't think anything of it.

5. Hazel understands where Jason is coming from with how he kills bad guys. She doesn't prefer it, and doesn't like to think about it, but she knows he is coming from a place where he truly wants to protect people that need protecting.

6. Jason gets jealous of Bear (their dog) because he often jumps up right next to Hazel when she sits or lays down and cuddles her before he even has a chance. Jason swears it's on purpose too (hazel denies it while laughing) and Bear even steals Jason's spot if he gets up for any reason. It's like he just waits until he is out of the room and then goes for it.

7. Tim and Bunny just sort of vibe together? Like they are perfectly fine sitting in a room together and Bunny doesn't ever mind if he picks her up. When Katie's there though, both of them are glued to her hip.

8. Biscuit usually leaves when Brooklyn leaves too. I think I mentioned that he stayed in the book because he didn't know where to find her and that he was in an unfamiliar area, but I think Dick just told her that. I think he probably didn't let Biscuit leave the first few weeks, and then finally left the window cracked for him. He probably didn't expect him to come back, but he did. Just patiently sitting by the window for him to open it. Dick would never admit it, but when he saw that, he let him back in and then cried because it felt like Brooke would come back after all. That Biscuit thought this was still her home and he would just wait for her to return. It gave him hope.

9. Brooke often wouldn't be able to sleep when she was away. Dick would always hold her too him when they slept (her too), so not having that anymore messed with her. And even after she was adjusted to it, she would still have nightmares or wouldn't be able to stop thinking about Gotham and everything she left behind. Even now that she is back, she still has trouble.
+ After she had to go see Ra's al Ghul and got her back cut up by him, she had a lot more nightmares.

10. It probably does not need to be stated, but each boy loves their girl so much. They would do anything to protect them and make sure they are happy. I think they all have moments where they just look at the girl and feel such a strong urge to love and protect them.

+ I can see Dick looking at Brooklyn like that when they are out on patrol and she is looking out over the city with the lights shining on her face, or when she watches those she loves being happy like the kids she watches over and has a small smile on her face/when she reacts with kids and is so soft with them, or when it's just the two of them and he can't help but hold her whether it be a hug from behind or wrapping her in his arms as he kisses her softly.

+ I can see Jason coming home to Hazel asleep at the table and smile softly before he presses a kiss to her forehead and carries her to bed, or when she is passionate about helping others and he just loves watching her, or when they are cuddling and he just has to take a moment to hold her tighter so she doesn't slip through his fingers.

+ I can see Tim just loving to watch Katie's expressions as she deals with different things because that girl is an open book when it comes to emotions in the moment, or him playing with her curls as she rests her head on his lap and he just stops paying attention to the movie and just focuses on her, or when she gets excited and bounces on her heels and it makes everything in him not to pull her closer and kiss her then and there.

bottom line is they are all so soft for their girls.

a/n:

which was your fav? Or just one you would love to see?
i'm emo for all of these couples.

xoxo, author