Chats and missing

It was now nighttime in the UK when the day shift of nurses and doctors was changing with the night shift of nurses and doctors.

They had roared and the days one stayed in the hospital incase needed so slept there but some went home and slept.

The night shift was currently on duty as it had past 8pm.

I was asleep next to my dad. Mum was asleep on the next bed a little bit away from us and Ellie slept on the chair fast asleep.

I was asleep but then started to toss and turn wildly which in turn woke up my dad. He soon sensed I was in pain due to me waking up gesturing that I was.

Sam held me close as he knew I needed him. Ellie woke up to the disturbance and the rustling of bedsheets and had went to look herself, now also noticing that I was in pain.

The pain went down after Ellie gave me some meds and she called Harry. Harry walked in as he normally slept in his office and gave the meds to me.

While that was happening Penny awoke and saw a text of Steele. He was asking her how Jones was doing and that he and the rest of the crew missed her.

Penny tried to get her phone but Ellie stopped her incase she fell off the bed. Ellie picked up the phone and gave it Penny. Penny then replied to Steele's text.

No body not even Harry wanted her to fall into the floor incase she injured herself more or injured others. Or incase she fell and couldn't get back up. After all Ellie and Harry suspected Penny had a concussion.

Penny told Steele what she had been told about me from Harry and she didn't tell Steele how herself had been injured but made sure that the crew and Steele knew that I was okay and well.

Sam was talking to Harry about why I kept getting the pain and why it had increased more. Harry didn't know and neither did Sam but both wanted to figure out why so they could stop it.

Once Penny finished texting Steele she handed Ellie her phone to put away and went loo before getting back on the bed and falling asleep. Ellie made sure she was comfortable and not ruining a fever. She was comfortable and wasn't running a fever.

Their attention then turned to me Jones. Ellie passed me my comforter and my teddy Arlo. I smiled and thanked her. Dad made sure I was comfortable and tucked me in after he kissed my freckles face.

Harry told Sam that he would be back to check on me in the morning incase the pain was still lingering or gotten worse. Sam nodded and once Harry left Sam fell asleep next to his daughter.

Ellie didn't dare disturb them.

The public health crisis was still a huge thing due to not having a cure or any idea on what the disease was or what it could or even the symptoms they were at a loss for words on how to tell the public or even the staff of hospitals.

Everyone in the room even Harry when he was in there could tell I missed school, could tell I missed my friends up in Newtown, could tell I missed the rest of my family, could tell I missed the Pontypandy fire crew and Newtown fire crew, could tell I missed cadets and definitely could tell I missed pranking people.

Dad had told me before we (Before mw and dad had fallen asleep but mum was already asleep) had fallen asleep that once I and Mum was well enough to be discharged from Newtown hospital that they could go to Pontypandy fire station and see the crew and see her grandad.