Hell on Earth

Summer Training Camp was hell on earth. The point of the training camp was to have a week dedicated to quirk training. Thanks to that, everyone's training was individually tailored to them.

  Tamaki had to eat and manifest as many foods as he could almost continuously. He was almost sick on a number of occasions. The more manifestations he could use at once, the more options he would have in battle.

  Mirio was improving his lung capacity as well as his fine control over Permeating certain body parts and ignoring others. The longer he could hold his breath, the longer he could stay Permeable.

  Nejire was doing intense stamina training, running around the camp until she dropped, had a drink and kept going. The more stamina she had, the longer she could use her quirk for, and at higher outputs.

  Izuku's training was more technique based than output based. He could already control an impressive amount of smoke at a time, all he needed to do was fine tune his control. More separate masses of smoke, doing different things with the smoke like moving, solidifying, shaping, moving and shaping, shaping and solidifying over and over again. He also worked on perfecting Dark Cloak, which the control training he was doing was helping a lot.

  After the third day of straight quirk training, Aizawa attacked Izuku. Of course his concentration broke completely, and the multiple smoky shapes he was handling turned wispy and un-solidified. And he got a bruise for his troubles.

  "You need to work on maintaining total control over your quirk in a fight. So I'm going to push you to your physical limits while you push your quirk past it's own. We're not going to do this until you get it right. We're going to do it until you don't get it wrong." Aizawa had said.

  Then they'd fought without quirks, hand to hand. For hours on end. While Izuku maintained 20 individual 3D shapes, keeping their defined edges and solidifying them then un-solidifying them over and over again. And occasionally swapping them so that pyramids became spheres, cubes became pyramids and spheres became squares. Without. Dropping. One.

  On day seven, the last day of camp, everyone was given a task to complete. Whether it be destroy A, or retrieve B, what would have been difficult or impossible for the students before was achieved with minimal difficulty.

  Nejire needed to use 10  100 percent attacks consecutively. She did 13 before feeling weak.

  Tamaki needed to manifest 5 different foods at once and use them to conquer an earthy obstacle course. He used 6, and beat it in under a minute.

  Mirio hadn't really improved his quirk, he'd improved his ability to use it effectively. He was able to hold his breath for a full minute before almost passing out.

  Izuku needed to construct a life sized Aizawa in relatively good detail. He gave the smoky clone individual freaking eyelashes. When he really thought about it, most objects could be created through combining and resizing the three basic shapes he'd mastered. After that, smoke construction came easy. The smoke Aizawa was a little more brittle than he would have liked, but it would have taken a relatively decent strength quirk to break it.

  His friends had applauded the construction, understanding it's significance as yet another milestone Izuku had raced past.

  Aizawa raised an eyebrow at the detailed replica of himself. The 'skin' was even coloured the same shade as his own! And the capture weapon was a wispy white, while the jumpsuit and his hair remained black. You could even barely see the bright yellow goggles around the clone's neck. You could tell it was made of smoke and just a replica of the man, but it was well made nonetheless.