D-D-Date

Izuku was going to die. This is it, this is what kills him.

He'd asked Nejire if she'd wanted to go somewhere, just the two of them.

She'd then asked "You mean like a date?".

He'd said yes.

So had she.

So now, Izuku was dying, and Mirio was the one to hand him the shovel.

"Here, how about this?" The blonde asked, hiding out a rather nice button up shirt. The colour matched his hair, and had a very subtle checkered pattern of varying light and dark greens.

"Looks good Mirio." He said, his eyes dead.

Tamaki returned to them both holding a nice pair of black trousers that went surprisingly well with the shirt Mirio had chosen.

"Go try them on, I'll go and look for a nice hat!"

"I don't need a hat Mirio. Or new shoes. Or a bowtie." Izuku replied, cutting off each of Mirio's responses before he even got them out.

The teen just snapped his fingers with a muttered "Damn!".

Izuku put the clothes on in the changing room. He had to admit, they were nice. He stepped out and held his arms out slightly, raising his eyebrows.

Mirio let out a wolf whistle, while Tamaki gave him a thumbs up.

"Shut up Mirio!" Izuku sighed, earning a laugh.

The older boy gave him a pat on the back, grinning at him.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. You look fine Izuku, I'm sure she'll like it." He said, a fraction more seriously.

"Thanks..." Izuku sighed.

"What's up?" Tamaki asked.

"Nothing." He said. When he received disbelieving looks from his friends he sighed. "Alright, maybe something. What if I make a fool of myself? What if she's going along with the whole 'date' thing to because-"

"We've been over this before. You'll. Be. Fine. She's the one that specified whether it was a date or not, right?"

"...yes."

"And I'm pretty sure we've been over this at least once in a park with you trying to eat a picnic table through your nose."

"......yes..."

"Besides, it's just been the two of you together before."

"But this is a 'date' date! Not a 'Mirio scheme' date! It's different, it's meant to be all romantic and-"

"And you're not good at that, I know. But she also knows you're not good at that. Heck, she's really not good at that! You'll both be bumbling about like a pair of nervous wrecks until the end, then you'll both suddenly realize that you're being stupid and of course the other person's not going to hate you and then you'll end up together and I get to say 'I told you so'!"

Izuku just nodded.

_____

They met up near the arcade the quadrio normally went to on their days out. Nejire was already there waiting, wearing a pretty periwinkle blue dress that wen just past her knees, the neckline high on her shoulders. She smiled brightly when she saw Izuku.

"Izuku! You look really nice!"

"Y-you look very nice too Nejire.."

Mirio and Tamaki exchanged a glance before pulling out their phones behind the bush on the other side of the road.

The duo (followed by the other duo) walked down a few streets until they came across a small cafe, which Izuku led Nejire into.

Izuku sat at a table near the back of the room, with Nejire opposite him. He had tea, while Nejire ordered a glass of juice.

They conversed quietly for a few minutes, Nejire the epitome of calm while Izuku stuttered and sweat nervously.

They ate lunch, then walked back to the arcade, playing a few games of Hero Smash and some generic claw machine games before leaving. Without Mirio there to police them they both chose All Might, making the matches stretch on for longer than usual. Neither of them eon anything on the claw games, both being terrible at them.

When they left the arcade Nejire took Izuku's hand and walked beside him, smiling slightly red faced.

Mirio took hundreds of pictures, using his quirk to hold his phone out through walls to hide most of his body. Tamaki needed to give and take Mirio's phone each time as the small device couldn't go through the walls with him.

The two blushing teenagers arrived at the park and just wandered around, admiring the flower beds (and eachother).

Mirio watched from a nearby tree trunk, while Tamaki watched from the branches above.

Nejire plopped down onto a bench, quickly followed by Izuku.

"Thanks for today Izuku! I had lots of fun!"

"Y-yeah, me too.."

They sat in silence for a moment, Izuku's fidgeting growing more and more restless.

"I've wanted to do this a while. A proper date. Not like all of Mirio and Tamaki's little 'coincidences'." Nejire said suddenly.

Izuku froze for a moment before wringing his hands.

"Me too.." he said quietly.

They sat in silence for another moment.

"I wa-" "I ha-" "Oh, sorry." "Sorry." "You go first." "No, It's fine, you go!"

Izuku wrung his hands again.

"I.. like you. As.. more than just friends."

"I know."

Izuku's gaze shot up from the ground.

"Did you just-?"

"Yep!" She said, popping the p. "And.. I do too. Ever since the end of term exam I think."

"I- you- you do?" He stuttered.

Nejire nodded enthusiastically, a blinding smile on her face.

"I've been trying to get it out for ages, but I just couldn't! What if you didn't feel the same? What if you laughed at me? What if you stopped being my friend?" She rambled.

  "I was the exact same way!" Izuku exclaimed, the awkwardness dispersing faster than Izuku's smoke.

  "Really? Man, liking someone makes people stupid!"

  "I know! And don't even get me started on Mirio!"

  "Ugh, he's been the worst."

  "He knew?"

  "He knew about you too?"

  "He's been teasing me about it ever since the training camp!"

  Izuku groaned, slumping back on the bench.

  "We are totally getting him back for this the moment we even think he likes a girl."

  "Agreed!" Nejire chirped.

  They sat in a comfortable silence, watching the few people out and about walk through the park.

  "Would you like to do this again?" Izuku asked.

  "Of course!" Nejire said.

  They sat in silence for another few minutes.

  "Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Nejire asked, red spreading across her cheeks.

  Izuku's gaze lowered to his red trainers.

  "Yes. I'd like that a lot." He said.