Return

Wisp dropped onto the road silently, the smoke dampening both his fall and the noise he made. Dark Tendrils lashed out and grabbed the five bank robbers, taking the bags of money from them and setting them at the side of the road.

  "It's Wisp!"

  "The Smoke Hero?"

  "He's so cool!"

  "Damn you!" One of the villains struggled.

  Wisp put his finger to his ear.

  "I have the bank robbers sir. The police are just arriving now."

  "Excellent work! Once everything's resolved there, meet me back at my office! I finished up with those hooligans rather quickly!" All Might said, the whistling of wind coming through the earpiece.

  The police took the five villains from Wisp, tipping their caps politely as he nodded in return. He waved to the civilians and jumped into the sky, flying towards Might Tower in the distance.

  Working with All Might for the past month had made Wisp a very popular hero. The hero and intern often split up mid flight to sort out different incidents, which greatly reduced the strain on All Might's hero form, as he didn't need to rush to resolve every incident in the city.

  There was already fan made merchandise being sold online, and he'd seen children playing heroes Vs villains with a mouth guard similar to his own in various parks around the city.

  Wisp landed outside Might Tower's main entrance, nodding politely to the media and heading inside, ignoring their jumbled up questions.

  He headed up to the top floor and removed his mouth guard, letting it hang around his neck.

  All Might greeted him in his skinny form, seated behind his large desk.

  "Young Midoriya, excellent timing!"

  Izuku sat down opposite the hero with a smile.

  "Mr Yagi."

  "So, today's the last day of your internship with me until after the School Festival, unless you wish to transfer to a different agency?"

  Izuku shook his head.

  "I would be honoured to return in three weeks, if you'll still have me." He said.

  Mr Yagi laughed.

  "Of course my boy! Having you here has been a great help, to both my aptitude at teaching and my time in my hero form, not to mention the paperwork!"

  They were able to get all of the paperwork done in half of the time it normally took Yagi after patrol ended, which the hero was extremely happy about. Even after only a month he could understand the Hero's hatred of paperwork. Yagi and Aizawa weren't fond of it, and now neither was Izuku.

  "Then I suppose I'll see you in three weeks sir." Izuku said.

  Yagi smiled, holding out his hand and shaking Izuku's.

  "I look forward to it! I hope that you and Young Togata can share your experiences with the rest of the 'Big Three and a Half'!" He said.

  Izuku groaned.

  "I'm the Half, aren't I?" He asked deadpan.

  Mr Yagi just nodded, his grin widening.

______

  Izuku stepped off of the train and was immediately assaulted by a periwinkle missile called Nejire. A blonde missile wasn't far behind, followed closely by Tamaki.

  "Izuku! How was your internship? You've been on TV all month with All Might! What did you learn? Was he cool? How many villains did you take down?" His girlfriend asked.

  "Nejire! It was great, I learned a lot about patrols and paperwork, he was extremely cool, and I lost count!" Izuku responded.

  Mirio just patted him on the back with a grin.

  "Well, well, well, if it isn't the Number One and a Half Hero!" Mirio joked.

  "I've heard enough about being a Half in one group already, I don't need you spreading that around too." Izuku grumbled.

  "Too late, that's what the media's calling you!" Mirio said delightedly.

  Izuku glared at Mirio, then noticed what he was wearing. A Wisp T-Shirt. He groaned again, slumping into Nejire, who was still hugging him fiercely while Mirio cackled, puffing his chest out with Izuku's masked face printed on it.

  "All the attention.. I could never do that.." Tamaki said quietly with a shudder.

  Inko came over from where she'd been watching the four reunite, hugging Izuku once Nejire let him go.

  "Izukuuuuu! You're such a cool hero already!" She exclaimed.

  The five of them eventually made their way to the Midoriya apartment, where Inko had made katsudon for everyone.

  "It's the school festival soon." Izuku said after swallowing a bite of his dinner. "Got any ideas for what the class should do?"

  "I'm entering the beauty pageant!" Nejire said.

  "I don't wanna do anything.." Tamaki whispered.

  "Dunk the Hero Student!" Mirio exclaimed.

  "That'll be therapeutic." Izuku said. "Do I have to pay for that, oorrr..?"

  The teenagers laughed, before moving back to the topic.

  "We could do a stage performance?" Nejire wondered.

  "Am I going to have to do my own thing since I'm technically part of class 1A?" Izuku asked suddenly.

  "You can ask Eraserhead tomorrow." Mirio told him.

  Izuku nodded.

  "I'll do that."

  "I'm sure you won't have to do your own thing, you'll probably get to join in with 2A!" Nejire said optimistically.

____

  "Yeah, you've got to do your own thing." Aizawa said.

  Izuku groaned, sliding a hand down his face.

  "Got any suggestions?" He asked hopefully.

  Aizawa shrugged, slurping on a jelly packet.

  "Haunted house?" He suggested.

  Izuku thought for a minute.

  "That's... Not a bad idea..." He murmured.

  _______

  Izuku spent the next week using his quirk to create a haunted house made entirely of thick smoke.

  The walls were black, the ghosts were white, the creatures were grey and the zombies were green splattered in red. Only one group of people could enter at a time, as the whole thing needed precise control, but it was relatively well made, and the walls, floor and ceiling of the passageways were solid enough for groups of frightened teenagers.

  He had Mirio, Nejire and Tamaki test it out for him on their breaks from the 2A 'Dunk a Hero' construction.

  Mirio came out laughing but drenched in sweat while Nejire was screaming and running for her life.

  Tamaki was unphased.

  "They're not real people, so they're not scary." He'd said. "I don't need to imagine they've got potato heads, it's just smoke."

  The mouse became the lion it seems.

   By the end of the second week, everything was ready for the School Festival to begin.