That Which Is Inherited

Izuku smiled at Aizawa as the man entered the classroom.

  "Hey Kid. No homeroom today, you're wanted in the empty lounge on the second floor. You and Togata are meeting someone for a 'big opportunity', according to the Principal."

  Izuku nodded, standing from his desk.

  "Thank you sir." He said, stepping out of the classroom.

  The greenette met up with Mirio on the staircase to the second floor.

  "Hey Izuku! Pretty exciting huh? I wonder who's meeting us!" He said, falling into step with the slightly smaller teen.

  "Apparently the Principal set this up. Or at least approved it." Izuku said.

  Mirio's eyes lit up as though he'd just had an idea. Never a good thing.

  "By the way, Nejire asked me to-"

  "If you try to kiss me I will knock you out and go to this meeting alone." Izuku said without even looking.

  Mirio snickered to himself, stopping and knocking curtly on the lounge door.

  "Come in!" A rather sickly voice called.

  Mirio opened the door, stepping inside. Izuku followed and closed the door.

  "Mirio Togata and Izuku Midoriya, here to meet a mysterious stranger!" Mirio announced.

  There was a skeletal man sitting at one of the low tables, his blonde hair slicked back, only leaving two long strands drooping before his thin face. He was wearing a horrible yellow pinstripe suit that clashed with his hair, and hung off of his bony frame as though it were made for someone ten times bigger.

  Izuku nicknamed him 'Small Might' in his head. He looked like a shrivelled, droopy All Might.

  "Good morning, thank you for meeting with me." The man said. "My name is Toshinori Yagi, a talent scout for All Might's agency."

  Both boy's eyebrows rose. All Might was scouting them? Or at least, his agency was.

  "I have seen each of your sports festivals this year, as well as a few clips from your licensing exam. I was quite impressed by your performances in both. Even moreso when I heard of how much you've been able to tame and improve your quirks. All Might is interested in you both."

  The teenagers accepted tea from Mr Yagi, sitting opposite him.

  "All Might has never done internships before." Izuku said.

  Yagi smiled.

  "Indeed, however he has begun to take an interest in teaching recently, in order to pass on his knowledge and experience to the next heroes. We know of your strength in combat, as well as your dedication to heroics. However, what we do not know is what kind of people you are. What kind of heroes you want to be, your goals for the future! That is why, I am here."

  "I see!" Mirio exclaimed. "Well, I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have!"

  Izuku nodded.

  "Me too." He said.

  Yagi smiled.

  "Alright then. Well, why don't we start with inspirations, goals. Why do you want to be heroes? What is your ultimate goal?"

  "Well, my hero name is LeMillion! It's my goal to one day save a million people. I can't save them all, but I can save as many as I'm able to!"

  Yagi nodded, a smile on his face.